Lt. Commander
# 1 Thanks for ruining my uniforms
02-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Don't we love Cryptic.
In preparation for more "pay double to play"- (aka c-store-) junk (read, quoting cryptic: "TNG and DS9 uniforms have been updated in anticipation of the release of open jacket uniforms") they ruined the look of my entire crew's uniforms.
The best part? It seems with the "updates" in place it isn't even possible to restore the proper original look I had them set to. But hey, I am sure at some point in the future, for just a couple of c-junk tokens, we will get a "restore" option...

Yes this is a rage post, yes I am p***** about the change, yes I know I will get flamed, reported and banned for speaking up about it. So be it.
Happy money at c-store/cryptic throwing everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm shocked that they were even allowed to go live, especially since it was brought up already on Monday.

Guess this just goes to prove the Dev's don't check the relevant forums as much as they used to.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 07:25 AM
what is error?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Yeah.

I am angry too.

The late DS9/TNG Movie and the early DS9/Voy uniforms have been completely ruined.

We first posted on the tribble forum and got ignored.

Then they tell us that they are going live with these horrible changes and we protest in the general discussion area and for no reason cryptic moves the topic back to the tribble forum to bury it there.

Now a new thread is open at the General Discussion subforum. We have listed the bugs and inaccuracies there yet again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 07:30 AM
The TNG uniform is not to bad, its easily rectified but the DS9 uniform shouldn't have ant pipeing on, and the trousers don't match the shirt colours anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 07:32 AM
guys chill out, both dstahl and mhighison have commented on it and they are going to look into it. they could not hold the patch back on what is technically a minor issue and they will get round to fixing them. relax.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Tried these out on Tribble a few days ago and I concur they do look terrible. The coloring bug in addition to the pants clearly not matching the top ruined this set for sure.

Sad to see these going live in their present state.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Mhighison has already said (in a thread around here somewhere) that he's sitting down with the character artist and going over the uniforms again on Monday. I got the impression that he didn't realise they were this bad and had it not been late friday night at the time it was brought to his attention he might have tried to get the changes pulled from the patch, as it was it was to late for him to do anything about it.

So at the very least you can rest a little easier knowing the problem should be rectified before long.
Also a post from Dstahl addressing this
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
guys chill out, both dstahl and mhighison have commented on it and they are going to look into it. they could not hold the patch back on what is technically a minor issue and they will get round to fixing them. relax.
It might be a minor issue to you but the late DS9/TNG movie uniform is my fave one and I am a roleplayer.

This totally destroys immersion for me right now.

As Alexraptor said in another thread on this issue. Cryptic did drop the ball big time on this issue.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=202810
Closed Thread