Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2011, 07:52 AM
I doubt they could have held the patch up really, It likely contains stuff for the next featured episode so it would have fallen to actually removing the uniform portions of the patch, which would mean compiling the patch and sending it off to the patch server yet again by the time Matt came aware of it, simply put that just wasn't feasible.

Since its been promised to get looked at the rage over this isn't really going to help anyone, just have some patience (its supposed to be a virtue after all) and in a week or less it will likely be fixed up.

Incidentally I'm also using the uniforms and think they look far worse than they did, I'm just not getting all bent out of shape over what is really just a bunch of pixels.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
I doubt they could have held the post up really, It likely contains stuff for the next featured episode so it would have fallen to actually removing the uniform portions of the patch, which would mean compiling the patch and sending it off to the patch server yet again by the time Matt came aware of it, simply put that just wasn't feasible.

Since its been promised to get looked at the rage over this isn't really going to help anyone, just have some patience (its supposed to be a virtue after all) and in a week or less it will likely be fixed up.

Incidentally I'm also using the uniforms and think they look far worse than they did, I'm just not getting all bent out of shape over what is really just a bunch of pixels.
The "rage" is all about not reading through the feedback on their TEST server. No sympathy there sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2011, 07:54 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/234...1021810291.jpg

Protip:

Use the AGT or default long black pants.

Select a uniform top with four colors. Set color #4 to the same shade of grey as the ribbed portion of the AGT top.

A big part of the issue here is that the uniforms now use four colors, allowing for MORE customization, but only give you three color buttons to tweak them, which you can workaround by going to a uniform top with four colors and adjust color #4.

The color overlay for the DS9/Voyager uniform is bugged and the TNG pants don't match until they fix/update the basic TNG uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Use the AGT or default long black pants.
You are assuming everyone bought the AGT set and can mix/match them.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Not going over tribble feedback is hardly new, you may not have noticed but its been happening since closed beta in one form or another.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
You are assuming everyone bought the AGT set and can mix/match them.
You missed the part about "or default long black pants"

I believe everyone has access to those.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
You missed the part about "or default long black pants"

I believe everyone has access to those.
Yes, they do. But not everyone has access to the AGT ones, which is why I mentioned those specifically. I believe you missed that part.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
I'm actually not at work right now, so I can't make take a good look at the Uniforms in question in our editor, but I do believe that they are overall an improvement.

It's far too late for me to put a hold on a patch because of these new textures.

However, don't freak out too much just yet...

Tomorrow I'm going to sit down with the artist and take another look at them. I expect us to be updating the jacket material a bit (just a little more cloth texture could help) and I'll have him do a once over on the pants to match them to the new jackets so we can have a cohesive look. (And better blacks!)

We do patch fairly often, and sometimes these improvements will come in waves like this. I know it can suck to see parts slowly change over to new/better looks, but I'd rather have that happen than have to wait months to bundle them all up for a big patch (like at the start of a new season)

Haven't seen too many posts about the new TNG/DS9/VOY badge updates... they look dramatically better!
Please take note of the colored sections. They should answer your concerns.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't understand the logic behind such dramatic changes to the texturing and coloration of all the uniforms. All of them seem flat and plastic now and I can't even get the colours to match any more.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
I'm actually not at work right now, so I can't make take a good look at the Uniforms in question in our editor, but I do believe that they are overall an improvement.

It's far too late for me to put a hold on a patch because of these new textures.

However, don't freak out too much just yet...

Tomorrow I'm going to sit down with the artist and take another look at them. I expect us to be updating the jacket material a bit (just a little more cloth texture could help) and I'll have him do a once over on the pants to match them to the new jackets so we can have a cohesive look. (And better blacks!)

We do patch fairly often, and sometimes these improvements will come in waves like this. I know it can suck to see parts slowly change over to new/better looks, but I'd rather have that happen than have to wait months to bundle them all up for a big patch (like at the start of a new season)

Haven't seen too many posts about the new TNG/DS9/VOY badge updates... they look dramatically better!
Please take note of the colored sections. They should answer your concerns.
How does testing on HOLODECK answers any concerns?
Closed Thread