Lt. Commander
# 81
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
okay. some may think this threads about things looking wrong were somehow stupid. while i think patiens is more helpfull than rage, i still think that cryptics way on doing these things is strange.

this IS a startrek game. this means, as long as ships/uniforms and so on are directly derived from some of the seriens and are SOLD seperately on C-Store for beeing

"Original TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY/TMP/... Uniforms/Ships/Bridges"

we sureley can expect them to BE original and "correct".

if someone sells you an Original Les Paul SE 2 Black Guitar for 1000 dollars or so you wouldnt expect to get an epiphone replica right?

and really its not that hard to just look into the web and find some pictures or even 3d models of ships uniforms and so on. its not that hard.

though its really easy to get some pix, we still get wrong ship/bridge/Costume designs. some minor glitches some MAJOR ones. i think this is not acceptable, when you pay seperately on c-store.

most of the ppl playing are playing this game because it relates to startrek. and if i buy a galaxy bridge from the c store i expect the gelaxy bridge seen in TNG. or better:

if i buy the original defiant bridge, and i get on to the bridge and the CON/OPS console is JUST MISSING, its not a minor bug. its ****. its like selling a bandshirt with the wrong spelling of the band on it. would you like to get a Seplutura shirt? no ...

when will the defiant bridge be corrected? im still missing the halfround ConOPS console in the middle before the cpt seat. who and how is this ship controlled without a con/ops ??? ...
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
Maybe because they felt it was a false alarm?
It isn't a false alarm though. It is an unwanted change to an item that was paid for with real money. Add to that, it is an unwanted change that does not work properly. "It doesn't crash the servers, so it's ok" is excuse making. It opens the door to allowing more sub-par things getting through and "fixed at a later time". Quality matters.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I'll be so happy to be able to complain when the KDF gets a better costume option tree.:p
Not really, I'll be happy (happy I tells you) to finally have a long coat.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
For the record, the "old" looks of the uniform was always wrong, too. The material did look oddly washed out and - since I am not a fabric and texture expert, I don't really know how to describe it - and were never quite too my liking. After initially "proudly" wearing my exclusive uniforms, I opted out and selected a different non-canon style uniform that fit me better.
Any change in the existing implementation suggests to me that they might remedy that mistake as well, and I can deal with temporary inconvencienes. It's not like my subscription is running out soon and I really have to go to that Starfleet Uniform costume ball next week or my life is ruined and I will never meet the girl of my life.
This, very much this!

I very much think that the new versions are a massive improvement. The old ones were badly coloured tinted (they have NEVER matched the colour tint of the TNG series trousers, the mismatch is just more pronounced now), the fabric texture was far too pronounced and there was a horrible shiny effect overlaid on the texture in certain lighting conditions.

The only real issue with the new ones is that the fabric texture was overly smoothed, so yes, it does look a little plastic. Once they get the balance right on the fabric, I dearly hope that they revisit the TNG series uniform and give it the same treatment.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDespair
okay. some may think this threads about things looking wrong were somehow stupid. while i think patiens is more helpfull than rage, i still think that cryptics way on doing these things is strange.

this IS a startrek game. this means, as long as ships/uniforms and so on are directly derived from some of the seriens and are SOLD seperately on C-Store for beeing

"Original TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY/TMP/... Uniforms/Ships/Bridges"

we sureley can expect them to BE original and "correct".

if someone sells you an Original Les Paul SE 2 Black Guitar for 1000 dollars or so you wouldnt expect to get an epiphone replica right?

and really its not that hard to just look into the web and find some pictures or even 3d models of ships uniforms and so on. its not that hard.

though its really easy to get some pix, we still get wrong ship/bridge/Costume designs. some minor glitches some MAJOR ones. i think this is not acceptable, when you pay seperately on c-store.

most of the ppl playing are playing this game because it relates to startrek. and if i buy a galaxy bridge from the c store i expect the gelaxy bridge seen in TNG. or better:

if i buy the original defiant bridge, and i get on to the bridge and the CON/OPS console is JUST MISSING, its not a minor bug. its ****. its like selling a bandshirt with the wrong spelling of the band on it. would you like to get a Seplutura shirt? no ...

when will the defiant bridge be corrected? im still missing the halfround ConOPS console in the middle before the cpt seat. who and how is this ship controlled without a con/ops ??? ...
You do realise that the Galaxy, Defiant or Intrepid bridge packs were never intended to be replicas right?
They were new variants based on the notion that these are 25th century refits of the ships.
In short, nothing to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
This, very much this!

I very much think that the new versions are a massive improvement. The old ones were badly coloured tinted (they have NEVER matched the colour tint of the TNG series trousers, the mismatch is just more pronounced now), the fabric texture was far too pronounced and there was a horrible shiny effect overlaid on the texture in certain lighting conditions.

The only real issue with the new ones is that the fabric texture was overly smoothed, so yes, it does look a little plastic. Once they get the balance right on the fabric, I dearly hope that they revisit the TNG series uniform and give it the same treatment.
Plus the fact that the DS9 uniforms are even more uncanon than they were before. :p
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
It isn't a false alarm though. It is an unwanted change to an item that was paid for with real money. Add to that, it is an unwanted change that does not work properly. "It doesn't crash the servers, so it's ok" is excuse making. It opens the door to allowing more sub-par things getting through and "fixed at a later time". Quality matters.
Changes can be unwanted by the player-base but can be wanted by the company putting out the product.

There were times when the company I worked for, made changes to the games we made regardless of whether our players wanted them or not. Because they were needed for the game or wanted by the developers.

It happens all the time.

I do hope that an acceptable solution for everyone will be found. But ultimately decisions like this lie with the company, not us.

Its not the end of the world.

edit: Quality and sub-par, when it refers to something visual like these uniforms is subjective. I thought the original TNG movie/DS9 uniforms looked like they went through the Starfleet wash with bleach and were way too washed out..

Others thought they looked great.

Same goes for the recent change. Some people like them, others don't.

I never use them I like the B-3 uniforms myself.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Yesterday when I posted my topic trying to get them to pull the uniforms before they went live (when I stumbled across the issue in the Tribble forum) I predicted that people would be flooding the forums raging over their Ds9 uniforms being super-broken.

Honestly, you guys have disappointed me, as nerd rage goes, this has been rather light. You can do better. I haven't seen a single "I QUIT" thread in all caps. Come on!

In all seriousness.. they know about the issue. They did acknowledge the busted-ness late last night, and they'll fix it.

We have soundly chastised them about not catching the Tribble feedback (there was another serious issue with space traits that was missed too)

I do want to remind you, than when they are actually all finished, you ARE going to be getting better Uniforms out of this. Its easy to say "They were fine as they were"....

... but they weren't. They had some severe texture issues, and the "black" issue was way worse than any issues the currently broken ones have now.

So yes, we're going to have some broken TNg/DS9 uniforms for a few days. They're going to be better soon.

Try to keep a little perspective. They didn't do it to insult you, it was just a mistake. They do happen, even to someone we seem to require perfection from, like Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Starting threads by breaking the forums' rules is not a good way to be heard.
Closed Thread