Lt. Commander
# 31
02-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinC-UFPForces-Cardassia View Post
In which sector block might we find the Ark?
Was thinking about the biblical thing as well. Especially an old Hollywood movie, with this grand flood that was said to cost them a few extras. Not sure if it was "The Ten Commandments", or something even older. But the imagery tantalizes.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ View Post
How does that even make sense, and how is it relevant?
Makes perfect sense, even if it isn't completely relevant. It could have been worse, it could have been a Halo reference.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
I appreciate the work that has gone in the last couple weeks to make these improvements in terms of both hardware and software fixes. But while improvements are good I want to know that it's enough, so I must ask is there a high confidence that with the changes now implemented that it would be able to at least handle the same load that last week had on Saturday?
They honestly had high confidence last week; but with something this complex, they won't know with 100% certainty until the episode goes live on the 19th and they see what happens when all the players hit it. DStahl's already posted a number of times this week that they think they have the issues that caused problems the last two weeks resolved (there was a small patch to tribble Thursday night - which had no patch notes, and wwhen asked in the TTS channel live on the Tribble serve Salami_Inferno said that it was last minute stability fixes for the weekend ythat would go Live on Friday's (this morning's) patch; and that were he not so 'hammered' at work making sure these got out in time; he would have done another Tribble patch notes post for that patch.

We'll know for sure one way or the other tomorrow. (And I hope for the best and thank the STO team accross the board for all the work they did in preperation for this weekend, and I hope everything goes well.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I can appreciate the sarcasm and pessimism. It's happened the last two weekends so why wouldn't it happen again?

One the changes we've made is in relation to shutting down instance maps that you have just left and fixing some logic on the load balancer.

This along with more hardware should put us in better shape for tomorrow.

Since no one knows how many people will try to login for the episode, it is impossible to say if we are out of the wood.

I will say that we have made preparations, we have staff working the launch time window and we'll all be monitoring closely.
What about the issues from todays patch? including server not responding issues. Since i patched today i cant go more then a few minutes without getting the server warning.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Gah. I am really itching to know what the reward is. More surprisingly, i want to find out what happens with the story though. It has gotten more involving as it goes on, and that cheeky screenshot of Episode 5's cityscape has me, quite frankly, wet.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Samething they did the last two times: they are preparing the post that will be announcing the down time. lol xD
Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I can appreciate the sarcasm and pessimism. It's happened the last two weekends so why wouldn't it happen again?

One the changes we've made is in relation to shutting down instance maps that you have just left and fixing some logic on the load balancer.

This along with more hardware should put us in better shape for tomorrow.

Since no one knows how many people will try to login for the episode, it is impossible to say if we are out of the wood.

I will say that we have made preparations, we have staff working the launch time window and we'll all be monitoring closely.
Thatnks Dan for being the preparations for the flood pf players for tomorrow, I know you guys are trying your best
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Noah was a Knower
How long can you tread water?
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amergin_Mavar View Post
How long can you tread water?
You should be more worried what is already in the water.....I'll give you a hint : it has lots of teeth.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
You should be more worried what is already in the water.....I'll give you a hint : it has lots of teeth.
Pir... *Looks at name of poster*

Pirouetting Sharks!

---
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-18-2011, 04:17 PM
rofl i wouldnt call this pre raging more a case of were expecting emergency downtime....if it doesnt happen cool if it does well.................

someone better save me a spot on that ark i can tread water for hours if needed but that something with teeth has me concerned.........(in the background the dah-dah dah-dah music starts).....oh crap