Lt. Commander
# 51
02-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
So fun working in the computer industry: Everyone is always smarter than you are, and they can always do your job better than you can...

Anyway, keep up the good work, guys and we look forward to the new ep, even if we don't get to play until later Sat afternoon.
So true. It's almost as bad as the Internet Doctorates that get waved around for every topic imaginable.

If the servers go down again for a few minutes, I'll probably continue to breathe. The downtime isn't that lengthy, certainly not enough to go into hysterics over.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Don't get me wrong Dan, I'm just sarcastic, I don't mean anything by it usually. Please excuse me if I laugh if there is a downtime message tomorrow though...
I'm sure everyone in this thread will have a giggle....except stahl:p He'll get carpel tunnel from responding to nerd rage.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulan_Propoganda
So true. It's almost as bad as the Internet Doctorates that get waved around for every topic imaginable.

If the servers go down again for a few minutes, I'll probably continue to breathe. The downtime isn't that lengthy, certainly not enough to go into hysterics over.
I know right? Everyone has letters after their name, even the slow-witted brats that troll gaming forums.

"I should know, I have a phd in astral-biology!"
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
**sigh** even if it does crash, it's not like you will never be able to play the mission. What do you people do when the power goes out, call the Edison company and whine about how you're unable to watch a TNG rerun that you probably have recorded on a VHS tape somewhere anyways? What would some of you people do if the nation's power grid went out for days, I mean seriously, I'm left with the impression that a lot of posters here would shrivel up and die if they actually didn't have stuff handed to them at the instant they demand it.

A few hours is NOTHING. Hell, even if it's an entire day, it's NOTHING. I got an idea...maybe go outside for a bit? Spend time with your family? Walk the dog? Take the girlfriend out to lunch? Everyone survived the last 2 weekends. This will be no different.

Here's your complimentary ATARI 2600, an E.T. game to play on it, and a trip to Haiti for 1 week.

Lt. Commander
# 55
02-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
**sigh** even if it does crash, it's not like you will never be able to play the mission. What do you people do when the power goes out, call the Edison company and whine about how you're unable to watch a TNG rerun that you probably have recorded on a VHS tape somewhere anyways? What would some of you people do if the nation's power grid went out for days, I mean seriously, I'm left with the impression that a lot of posters here would shrivel up and die if they actually didn't have stuff handed to them at the instant they demand it.

A few hours is NOTHING. Hell, even if it's an entire day, it's NOTHING. I got an idea...maybe go outside for a bit? Spend time with your family? Walk the dog? Take the girlfriend out to lunch? Everyone survived the last 2 weekends. This will be no different.

Here's your complimentary ATARI 2600, an E.T. game to play on it, and a trip to Haiti for 1 week.

I remember seeing a post where a person said when their power went out, they went to the companies website and contacted the on-line help desk. The company then explained what the problem was, so Cryptic was bad for not doing that.

I still wonder how they got online during a black out, but they never did answer that question about how it worked......
(They did say they where on a wireless router, not a DSL or phone modem).
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Crashes be hanged, we shall do this thing, and it shall be glorious.

---
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
What about the issues from todays patch? including server not responding issues. Since i patched today i cant go more then a few minutes without getting the server warning.
Been playing the last few hours and I'm getting "Server Not Responding" issues as well. I usually have zero problems with my internet connection so I don't believe it's local to me.

The problem occurs when logging characters in and trying to zone to different maps. It does not bode well for tomorrow.

So DStahl, if you're reading - you may want to do some double checking with the network dudes.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
I remember seeing a post where a person said when their power went out, they went to the companies website and contacted the on-line help desk. The company then explained what the problem was, so Cryptic was bad for not doing that.
Loss of power for heat, food refrigeration, and light and wanting an answer as to "why" the power is out, vs. A video game going offline for a bit and wanting answer for why you can't play a game. Yeah, I see the similarities...

...oh wait a minute.

Lt. Commander
# 59
02-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Been playing the last few hours and I'm getting "Server Not Responding" issues as well. I usually have zero problems with my internet connection so I don't believe it's local to me.

The problem occurs when logging characters in and trying to zone to different maps. It does not bode well for tomorrow.

So DStahl, if you're reading - you may want to do some double checking with the network dudes.
The engineers were looking into it at the time - it appeared to be some sort of controller issue and there was a 5 minute spike in disconnects - but the shard was performing normally - so we're not sure what caused the issue other than it recovered a few minutes later. Our datacenter is in Boston so the information I can get at this our is minimal.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The engineers were looking into it at the time - it appeared to be some sort of controller issue and there was a 5 minute spike in disconnects - but the shard was performing normally - so we're not sure what caused the issue other than it recovered a few minutes later. Our datacenter is in Boston so the information I can get at this our is minimal.
Thanks for the update! I hope today goes well and that you have less craziness to deal with this week.

Thanks for putting up with us and continuing to communicate with us as much as you do. And thanks for everything you & Boston are doing to get us running smoothly!