Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i have heard nothing to;

a) suggest there will ever be a tier 6. there are now so many tier 5 thats tier 6 is becoming less and less a possibility.
b) if there is that all current ships wont get some kind of fancy upgrade anyway that unlocks at a higher rank.
c) why is he singling out the vulcan ship. no tier 5 ship scales. again it does not scale because there is nothing to scale to yet, if ever.
That's pretty much the way I see it. Dstahl did mention that they were looking into raising the rank cap later this year, but he never said anything about a new Tier of ships. In fact, I think he mentioned that the big space upgarde for the next rank might be the ability to command a small fleet of pet ships, not a new tier of ships. There's nothing to worry about this soon until we get more details.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia View Post
We're getting tier 6. I can say this pretty comfortably because we're going to most likely be getting pet "Captains".

If we're going to get pet captains, it's not a stretch to say we'll be bumped up to full on Admirals.... and then Fleet Admirals.
Newsflash, we are in Tier 5 for almost three ranks already. Personally I will need all those skill points to flesh out more T4 and T5 skills. And we don't need a T6 for pet captains. Even if we would get them. The actual T5 ships are still the best, and most importantly ships with more powers would start breaking the UI.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2011, 01:29 PM
dont feed the troll ^^

there may be more ranks to advance but no higher tier ships. a tier6 ship would mean you would have a cpt rank boff slot. that will never happen.

the retros are not any stronger than the normal ones. theyre all Tier5 ships. the retros are lacking an ensign console therefore they have one special ability.

the dkyr has a special ability, therefore it has no ensign slot ability. it has an lt. com slot engineer , therefore the sci boff 2 is reduced to rank lt. +1 en sci. so overall: its the same as every t5 ship.

there never will be t6 ships, IF so, they swould surely have to redo all C-store ships to be avail .... so this is why there never will be a t6 ^^ its to much work.

advancing through ranks has nothing to to with advancing through shiptiers. you could be an upper-vice-uber-admiral-chef-cpt, and still fly a ship of T5 or a retro t5.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
<gives Cedric a cookie>

i wouldn't worry about the sovereign, she's only 40 years old by game time, so she should be getting a SLEP style refit soon. I like my nebula too
Cookies and a shared love for nebula ... match made in heaven! marry me ! ... unless your a guy hahaha
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Also like a couple of people have pointed out IF we get Tier 6 we will laready have a system in place so we can retorfit the ships we want into that Tier
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Newsflash, we are in Tier 5 for almost three ranks already. Personally I will need all those skill points to flesh out more T4 and T5 skills. And we don't need a T6 for pet captains. Even if we would get them. The actual T5 ships are still the best, and most importantly ships with more powers would start breaking the UI.
And i think this is why they put a Skill Point cap on the game.
I think a long term goal is to be pretty much able to max out "everything" as was once advertised for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-18-2011, 01:35 PM
It seems to me like this is what we'll be getting hen the rank cap goes up from Vice Admiral to Admiral:

Instead of a new Tier of ships, we'll get the ability to promote boffs to Captain and place them in command of pet ships (probably Tier 4 for Vice Admiral and Tier 5 for Fleet Admiral). These pet ships could be controlled with similar buttons to the ones seen on the ground. From that point on, the main goal will be collecting better gear to max at the abilities of both your ship and the pet ships.

I really don't expect there to be more Tiers. It seems to me that the only high level ships we'll be getting are the Vesta, Prometheus reftit, Ambassador refit, Andorian ship, and whatever the class name of the fan designed Enterprise F is (if they decide to open that class up to all players).
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
It seems to me like this is what we'll be getting hen the rank cap goes up from Vice Admiral to Admiral:

Instead of a new Tier of ships, we'll get the ability to promote boffs to Captain and place them in command of pet ships (probably Tier 4 for Vice Admiral and Tier 5 for Fleet Admiral). These pet ships could be controlled with similar buttons to the ones seen on the ground. From that point on, the main goal will be collecting better gear to max at the abilities of both your ship and the pet ships.

I really don't expect there to be more Tiers. It seems to me like the only high level ships we'll be getting are the Vesta, Prometheus reftit, Ambassador refit, Andorian ship, and whatever the class name of the fan designed Enterprise F is (if they decide to open that class up to all players).
I hope our old ships that we have docked can be said pet ships.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I hope our old ships that we have docked can be said pet ships.
That would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.