Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
P.S. LotD really needs to check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc
Yes, a brilliant refutation on your part. Totally destroys anything I said.

Actually, rather than have to discuss this movie again, I direct everyone to this mega review that addresses pretty much every criticism I have with the movie and some I hadn't even thought of until I read it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-18-2011, 08:08 PM
That guy in that link says "serieses" which is not a word. The plural for "series" is "series"... The whole article is therefore ruined.




Anyways I'd recommend you go to that link I gave you every day for at least 3 months. Every time you think something or say someone just go to that link for a friendly reminder. Take it to heart.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Even worse:

Since Picard was so distraught over the death of his Nephew in the fire (mentioned as the start of the Film); why didn't he go back to prevent that tragedy (or hell, at least consider the possibilty)? Had he done that - his nephew would be alive and a few subspace radio messages later Soran and the Duras sisters would be in custody.
Why didn't he go back and tell himself to arrest Soren as soon as he arrived on the Enterprise? The list goes on and on. The Nexus was a terrible plot device.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-18-2011, 08:22 PM
But seriously that article is stupid. It's got a lot of really dumb statements like "We also find out that Kirk's wife is on the ship. And is pregnant. And giving birth. Right now. Wow, what are the odds?"... STRESS INDUCED LABOR IS VERY COMMON...
Then a complain about a car that runs after 200+ years... It's the future. Why couldn't it? Maybe it's mostly replicated parts. There are literally dozens of realistic to Trek explanations.

He goes on about trivial taste issues like the design of the Narada which he says is basically poorly designed. Most of the stuff that person talks about doesn't have a basis in reality (like the above complaint about the birthing timing).
Other things which DO have a basis in reality like the sound cutting off only when there's a human involved (or someone to experience the sound) and never cutting off in other scenes... while that sounds like a legit complain it's also one of the most talked about POSITIVE things in the movie. There's such thing as artistic choice. This was a GOOD artistic choice. One of the first things people would talk about when I talked to them was those scenes IN A GOOD WAY.
PLUS he complains about the whole freakin' Kelvin scene which is another scene that was ALMOST UNIVERSALLY PRAISED by critics and regular people alike.

This writer of this review is so out there it really doesn't matter what they have to say. I could go on an on about the STUPID things they say but that would be a waste of time. I've wasted enough time on the dumb review already.


Some people just WANT to hate it. They NEED to hate it. So they create the dumbest crap to complain about that they could possibly imagine.


Now the movie isn't perfect. The produce placement is annoying as heck. But seriously people who make up so much bullcrap to complain about are just... not right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Some people just WANT to hate it. They NEED to hate it. So they create the dumbest crap to complain about that they could possibly imagine.
Or...you know...they just happen to recognize all the bad writing in the movie for what it is. Bad writing. It shouldn't be that difficult to grasp considering the people who wrote that movie are the same ones who wrote the two Transformers movies, which even people who liked them agree are awfully written.

As that review ultimately goes on to explain, ST09 gets away with a lot of its bad writing using nostalgia and frenetic pacing to keep you from thinking about it too long.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-18-2011, 08:53 PM
You're in denial. I understand that's a hard status to get out of.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
You're in denial. I understand that's a hard status to get out of.
This from the person whose response has been the video equivalent of sticking one's fingers in their ears and repeating "nanana" over and over again as loud as possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Now the movie isn't perfect. The produce placement is annoying as heck. But seriously people who make up so much bullcrap to complain about are just... not right.
I don't recall any strategic placement of produce in the movie...although that may be because I was blinded by all the unnecessary lens flares.

Oh, wait a minute, you mean "product". Well, then I refer you to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
That guy in that link says "serieses" which is not a word. The plural for "series" is "series"... The whole article is therefore ruined.
Wait...does that mean that you're saying your entire post is therefore ruined?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I gave you the most logical response and perfectly reasonable reasons why you're wrong. At that point I know it's hopeless and you're forever lost in wrongness so I don't even try because you're just too stubborn.


Plus I've address all of your issues. You never readdressed them or countered mine. How do you account for the critically great response by like 95% of the population? 95% of the population isn't stupid. How do you account for the very definition of a plot hole and the fact that this doesn't fit that definition? How do you account for the countless stupid comments made in that review you linked like the one that pretends that stress induced labor doesn't exist?

I've commented on your comments. You've done nothing like that. Even with my Scrubs wrong wrong wrong wrong link I've still been the productive one in the conversation with points and counter points. You've just shared points. Please address specifically what I have said.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Leod
I don't recall any strategic placement of produce in the movie...although that may be because I was blinded by all the unnecessary lens flares.

Oh, wait a minute, you mean "product". Well, then I refer you to this post:



Wait...does that mean that you're saying your entire post is therefore ruined?
I was being sarcastic so no. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
the people who wrote that movie are the same ones who wrote the two Transformers movies, which even people who liked them agree are awfully written.
THE FIRST ONE WAS GOOD!

/endrant

With that out of the way, I agree that Transformers 2 was not all that good, and was a bit hard to follow and understand at times, (At least it wasn't as big of a plop as Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3... and soon to be 4) but the action scenes were the good parts.

#1 had a lot of good parts, and did very well with reviewers.

#2, admittedly, was a bit poorly written, but not awfully so.


Also, in your post, I believe you used the abbreviation "STO9", for the movie.


WOW! Since when did this game get a movie?!? Much less 9 movies?!?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.