Lt. Commander
The original font gave me some pretty bad headaches. It was simply too much. It's like trying to look at something with a sheet over your eyes. Have to attempt to focus past the letters to see what you are looking at is extremely hard on the eyes. I expressed this when people where trying to get the font changed from the previous font to this new font we have today. Well, now I am back to straining my eyes again to see what I am looking for. Not only that, but the power levels are now having run-in issues if the numbers are set past double digits.

Why can't we just have a scale for this...why does one group of people have to suffer while the other group gets what they want? This is becoming extremely annoying. So many things in this game has been changed and slowly the game is losing it's luster for me.

Every time the Devs change something that I have been looking forward to, players tend to complain about it and either make it so it never happens or make it so it gets reverted. Other changes are made that players complain about that I personally think should have never been changed without having an option for those of us who liked it as it was; IE the Cloaking graphics.

So I have been teased with the fonts. I got to play for a whole what...four weeks...without having to experience headaches and now I can look forward to further headaches with these new fonts. I have only been online an hour now and am already feeling the beginnings of an incoming torpedo to the brain.

This is growing very tiresome. I read the posts that were made about the previous fonts. There were just as many people who wanted to keep them as there were people who complained about them. This is getting pretty old real fast.

To make matters even worse, now we have twice as many people in each instance to add to the equation. It's ridiculous. There are now so many people at ESD Space, that they are literally fighting each other to get in to the iconic doors of Space Dock. It looks completely silly watching players race each other to the space doors and then literally try and bully one another out of the way. it's a matter of theme to them I guess, they want the doors to themselves as it was in the movie. Not very iconic to roll up on Space Dock and see 50 other ships crowding the place. And all those other ship names are adding to the headaches with this "new" font. It looks so much like the old font.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Just to give you an idea of what it's like for me, try reading my thread again...it's no different than the print we have in game....so it should be no issues for you to read it in bold print with the same color the ship names and player names have...

The original font gave me some pretty bad headaches. It was simply too much. It's like trying to look at something with a sheet over your eyes. Have to attempt to focus past the letters to see what you are looking at is extremely hard on the eyes. I expressed this when people where trying to get the font changed from the previous font to this new font we have today. Well, now I am back to straining my eyes again to see what I am looking for. Not only that, but the power levels are now having run-in issues if the numbers are set past double digits.

Why can't we just have a scale for this...why does one group of people have to suffer while the other group gets what they want? This is becoming extremely annoying. So many things in this game has been changed and slowly the game is losing it's luster for me.

Every time the Devs change something that I have been looking forward to, players tend to complain about it and either make it so it never happens or make it so it gets reverted. Other changes are made that players complain about that I personally think should have never been changed without having an option for those of us who liked it as it was; IE the Cloaking graphics.

So I have been teased with the fonts. I got to play for a whole what...four weeks...without having to experience headaches and now I can look forward to further headaches with these new fonts. I have only been online an hour now and am already feeling the beginnings of an incoming torpedo to the brain.

This is growing very tiresome. I read the posts that were made about the previous fonts. There were just as many people who wanted to keep them as there were people who complained about them. This is getting pretty old real fast.

To make matters even worse, now we have twice as many people in each instance to add to the equation. It's ridiculous. There are now so many people at ESD Space, that they are literally fighting each other to get in to the iconic doors of Space Dock. It looks completely silly watching players race each other to the space doors and then literally try and bully one another out of the way. it's a matter of theme to them I guess, they want the doors to themselves as it was in the movie. Not very iconic to roll up on Space Dock and see 50 other ships crowding the place. And all those other ship names are adding to the headaches with this "new" font. It looks so much like the old font.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 02:18 PM
i like the new font, and have no problem with it. Sorry you do
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 02:22 PM
I dig where you're coming from OP....it used to be like that for me for the first week that it was implemented...I almost threw up every time I looked at my chat window

Somehow I've been able to assimilate the new font.

But Cryptic really should do something about the new font...people told Cryptic when it was on tribble that it created problems, but nothing was done, allegedly it's being "looked into" still