Lt. Commander
# 1 Ok, enough is enough
02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I can't play any ground missions anymore. I give up on them. EVERY time I try one, I find myself facing an army of dual pistol wielding enemies with three times my health and shielding that kill me and my whole team in less than 3 seconds. I'm frankly sick and tired of it, how many times do we have to complain about this before something will get done about it?

I give up. Fix the damn thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Hmm... I'm leveling my third character to VA... I've yet to encounter this.

What mission(s), what type of enemies (klingon, romulans, borg, etc?), what class are you, do you have a medic (or two) on your team, and...are you upgrading your equipment (and your officers') as you level?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Send me a tell when you get online @Wraiven. I will show you a way to obliterate any Ground NPC mob in less than 10 seconds flat. Elite Mobs take twice that much time, but I can help you out, mate.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 03:32 PM
And OP, you do know Cryptic is revamping ground right...?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I have all the funky equipment, and I have a well equipped and trained away team. None of it is of any use against foes with dual disruptor pistols. They spray the whole team in area effect (usually targetting me directly) which will kill us all in one volley. If it doesn't, the second volley does it.

It's usually the generic aliens, Phaoians and such. It happens on pretty much ANY map on which they appear, and it's made worse when there's a Captain or Commander among them, because they have roughly 8 times my health and shielding, and can reduce you to about an 8th of your health in one shot. And that's on NORMAL.

I'm all for a challenge, but foes you can't hurt killing you in one shot isn't a challenge, it makes me quit the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
And OP, you do know Cryptic is revamping ground right...?
I know, I've not heard what's being done, though.

Wraiven, tell me how you avoid getting killed when they do enough damage in one shot to kill you? They ignore my weapons and abilities, they have far more damage resistance than us, and they do more damage than us.

I've tried different tactics. I've tried spreading my team out so we don't get area affected, but the team refuses to stay where I send them, or if I happen to be the first target, they all leave their posts when I call for a revive, resulting in a wipe (usually before they can even reach me).

If they're revamping ground combat, they'd better get it out there, because I can't play it like this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Unless your doing exploration, I'm not sure what your problem is. I have never encountered an NPC that I cannot beat in an episode that was hand made by the Devs. So first things first, are you talking about exploration or episodes?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unless your doing exploration, I'm not sure what your problem is. I have never encountered an NPC that I cannot beat in an episode that was hand made by the Devs. So first things first, are you talking about exploration or episodes?
Exploration mission, B'Tran Cluster.

I should also say, this is another reason I often ask to be able to stop leveling. At lower levels this stupidity is far less prevalent.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM
are we talking about elite or advanced difficulty here.

normal is dead easy and should be no problem, advanced is tricky but doable. elite i find a total nightmare and i get one shoted a lot, but some people seem to like it so fair enough.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Exploration mission, B'Tran Cluster.

I should also say, this is another reason I often ask to be able to stop leveling. At lower levels this stupidity is far less prevalent.
So your playing on normal you say? I cant explain that one. I can beat ANY mission on normal. Its only on elite that these uber NPCs really pose a problem. But then again, I'm playing an engineer and have an away team made up of 2 meds, 1 more engineer, and 1 tactical. That means I can recharge my own shields, I have another guy recharging my shields, and have 2 guys recharging my health.

Also, they cant spray kill your entire team if your not all standing together. Strategically place your BOs around the enemy group, target the big bad buy first, and then have them all attack a couple of seconds before you do. That way he'll focus on one of them first, while you and everyone else start killing him.