Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I can't play any ground missions anymore. I give up on them. EVERY time I try one, I find myself facing an army of dual pistol wielding enemies with three times my health and shielding that kill me and my whole team in less than 3 seconds. I'm frankly sick and tired of it, how many times do we have to complain about this before something will get done about it?

I give up. Fix the damn thing.
If you're doing Exploration stuff and encountering it, bug it as the early Genesis suystem was all individual maps - meaning - when the Defvs get a bug report on an old map, they either fix it, or nuke it. Either way, you won't encounter the issues again in future Exploration missions.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Actually all rapid bolt weapons (and the compression pistol) have excessive spike damage. This bug started with the difficulty slider and has to do with the enemy scaling, although even on normal, the discrepancy in damage is more than apparent (but can be managed). I am hoping that the ground combat redesign will not only eliminate those glitches, but also create more of a tactical challenge rather than the hand held ship disruptors difficulty setting right now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
nevermind, my bad
So does this mean you don't need help anymore?

I was going to suggest just aborting out of ground missions with Cryptic species (Phaoians, Scoobyians, Devitos, etc) at least until the ground combat revamp. Solves the problem nicely.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
So does this mean you don't need help anymore?

I was going to suggest just aborting out of ground missions with Cryptic species (Phaoians, Scoobyians, Devitos, etc) at least until the ground combat revamp. Solves the problem nicely.

Z
Nah, I've basically stopped playing until they fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Don't stop playing ground missions till they fix it. Do what people are suggesting..it works! I'm an engineer and my away team consists of 3 engineers and one medic. Engineers all have cronition mine barrier, laser turrets and drones. I have two drones and a mortar. my medic has all heals. I did the assimilated mission on elite and didnt even realize it was on elite. I died once the whole mission and cleared the entire map. Purposely aggroed every friggin borg on purpose for loot. Three quarters of the way threw I thought dang these borg sure are tough. Checked my difficulty and found out I was on elite. I steamroll over mobs on normal and barely struggle against them on advanced. Try the setups they offered. Make sure to equip your boffs with all blue/purples. make sure your away team have good innate characteristics. It all really makes a difference. Also Do not use weapons that hit multiple enemies at once. Let your away team do that crap. They can handle the aggro much better.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
Yeah, I'm not really sure what you're referring to here. The changes we want from ground combat have nothing to do with the difficulty of the enemies we're facing.
Going by a comment from one of the Devs, the enemy groups will also be changed, going even so far as using different powers on different difficulty levels.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Well, I thought I'd play a little again, but guess what happened on the first ground mission I got?

Remans. Got all the way to the last room, Guard Captain.

Gurad Captain with my whole team shooting at him. Guard Captain's shield drops to about 75%, he summons more Guard Captains. 2.5 seconds later, we're wiped.

Respawn.

Repeat. Congratulations, you've made a game that is discouraging and frustrating rather than fun.

I did finish it, by pulling them, killing a guard, wiping the team while I ran away, rezzing the team and repeating that until the captain was all that was left. Took nearly an hour.

Get the fix out there. This is not fun. You can't afford to do this for any length of time, this has to be fixed ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Well, I thought I'd play a little again, but guess what happened on the first ground mission I got?

Gurad Captain with my whole team shooting at him. Guard Captain's shield drops to about 75%, he summons more Guard Captains. 2.5 seconds later, we're wiped.

Respawn.

Repeat. Congratulations, you've made a game that is discouraging and frustrating rather than fun.

I did finish it, by pulling them, killing a guard, wiping the team while I ran away, rezzing the team and repeating that until the captain was all that was left. Took nearly an hour.

Get the fix out there. This is not fun. You can't afford to do this for any length of time, this has to be fixed ASAP.
You need to bug report it in game, and then post a notice on the forums with your bug report ticket number each time it happens. They have to manually go into each exploration mission and change it by hand. Sucks, but it's still the easiest and fastest way to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
You need to bug report it in game, and then post a notice on the forums with your bug report ticket number each time it happens. They have to manually go into each exploration mission and change it by hand. Sucks, but it's still the easiest and fastest way to fix it.
Unless they're going to take away the ability of this kind of character to summon things, it's not just the map. It's the design.

Honestly, I'm growing very angry with the blatant cheating the NPCs are getting to do. Is this the only way they can make things these days?

Another example, I went into a space mission against Romulans and found them using DOUBLE overloads. Yes, they were firing SALVOES of heavy torpedos. That is, overloading creates a heavy plasma or it fires three NORMAL torpedos. This was firing three torpedoes AND making them heavy. I thought "Must be a bug, that's not how the overolad powers work," but someone said they INTEND it this way. That YET ANOTHER NPC ability works differently from the SAME PC skill.

I swear, this sort if thing drove me out of CIty of Heroes. It's lazy, immersion breaking and to me, intensely frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Quote:

Respawn.

Hey Mojo, maybe you've answered this before but what level are you and to what level have you promoted your away team? Are you aware that any member of your away team can use any weapon you're qualified to use? In other words, if you're a Vice Admiral, your away team Ensign can use Vice Adm Level weapons.