Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
So you would rather have a long weekend with stuff not working right then ???? Not me Im glad they are fixing it.
I AGREE!

If cryptic can put in a new patch every day, that would be great!

And why would he mind a little down time for a patch, especially when it's before the sun is even up?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't think they fixed the First Contact Uniforms. This is what I see on Tribble for the patch on Sat: http://img413.imageshack.us/i/stofcuniformtribble.jpg/

The pants are now dark but the FC dark color is still grey. Same with VOY/early DS9 uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2011, 11:49 PM
yeh i have the same problem
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Ohh no again. Cryptic 2 downtime in 2 day and today is Saturday. Thank you very much, your game is almost unplayble during the weekend in Europe. You could patch this with yesterday patch , but no it should be today
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesko
Ohh no again. Cryptic 2 downtime in 2 day and today is Saturday. Thank you very much, your game is almost unplayble during the weekend in Europe. You could patch this with yesterday patch , but no it should be today
Totally agree. Thumbs down for Cryptic. There was a maintenance issue yesterday and the server was down for over 3 hrs. Now there's a patch to yesterday's patch and another downtime on the weekend. Last two weekends there were also downtimes for maintenance. This is seriously a concerning pattern.

I have been saying before that I appreciate the amount of work that gets done in the sidelines but I changed my mind. I know there are some people who would disagree but just my opinion that this organization don't know what the heck to do to please clients. In any other business models they'll be either bankrupt or shut down by now.
This is not the exception but the rule to totally disregard public concern an have downtimes on the weekend (time where most people play) rather than a Mondays or other weekdays. This product is constantly bugged an unworthy of lifetime subscriptions due to disregard to good customer service.Say what you want and disagree but I had it and canceling my subscription. This is the only way they'd get the message once they see a mass exodus of people leaving this game and have their pockets empty.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2011, 04:02 AM
maintenance?what is maintenance?
in my fleet we have a running saying and bet to this question,its called job security.
cryptic tries to fix a problem (ie:gravety well) which was fixed in yesterdays (friday) patch
but because they fixed this problem they have probably created 3 or more other problems that now need fixing so as i stated before maintenance =job security.
another running bet we have is the emergency maintenance for the episodes so far cryptic is two for two with today being the third episode,we can almost set our watches to the server downtime because as we suspect the servers will crash due to too many people jamming the server which in turn means "emergency server maintenance".
I have played alot of mmo's over the past 30 years and they all have the same problem when do you take the servers down in order to fix problems without ****ing off the masses?just to mention a few swg does theres once or twice a week for 2-4 hrs in the morning,blizzard does theres on tues for 8 hrs,so cryptics maintenance is par for the corse except you shouldnt do it on a weekend when everyone is going to be on,granted this maintenance might have to do with the new episode,meaning they dont want the servers to crash in my opinion spend some of that hard earned money that you get from us and buy more bandwidth.
one last note in closing,fix the problems at hand before you venture out into more things that could screw the game up like vivox?????why would we need in game voice when the majority of the masses use ventrilo or teamspeak or skype???????
Lt. Commander
# 17 TIming of patches....
02-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Why do you patches always have to run after 3am west coast time????? Us east coasters get the shaft every time. So much for being able to play today.

Consider running the patch earlier, oh maybe 12 am to 3 am, so that other time zones aren't hit so hard by the down time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2011, 04:22 AM
This beggars belief!!!

Why oh why to Cryptic feel the need to Shaft all the Euro players today? This is Our Weekend!

For the 3rd week in a row the servers are down, and i have no dout they will be down again tonight at 7pm UTC as they push the next episode out, infact i may run a book on this lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman001
And why would he mind a little down time for a patch, especially when it's before the sun is even up?
For those of us in North America, this is true.

However, it hits Europe right in the middle of the day and Australia and East Asia in the middle of prime time. Doing consecutive patches on Thursday night/Friday night (North America time) basically screws Aussies out of both nights' prime time play, and screws Europe out of that nice noon-time slot on Saturdays (as well as Friday).

Varying the downtime window, as well as avoiding doing it on the same nights every time, would make those in the rest of the world much happier. But, apparently, everything's about us. *sigh* As much as I like not having to worry about scheduled downtime (except now, stupid insomnia), I'm not a fan of consistently screwing the rest of the world for my convenience.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Basically I suspect ^^:

If ROW Subs > USA West Coast/Mid West Subs
then
Different Patch Time/Maintenance Window
If USA Subs > ROW Subs
then
Keep Patch Time/Maintenance Window

or it could be something to do with the amount of sleep folks are getting at Cryptic?!? 3am ehh? No wonder mistakes are being made. :p