Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I love it how one can be revived when one's entire body has turned to inert ash. :p
Well McKoy did cure an old lady's diabetes with a pill once. Maybe this just the next step in modern medicine?:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashter
after over spending a year with your BO's have you not yet figured out they have the mental capacity of goldfish? That also relates to their memory as well.

~D
On my vessel it has more to do with a faulty air scrubber and my Captains oft missunderstood habits.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-25-2011, 09:41 AM
My only issue with thalerons is they've upset the balance we finally got with the engineer/medic combinations, where the medic would heal the engineer, and the engineer would reshield the medic.

Now we have an engineer dropping mines like candy. You have three options.

1) Aim for the engineer, dodge the mines. Medic just heals engineer, sooner or later half your BO's wander into green doomy skies, as above, they still arent smart enough. Stalemate..

2) Aim for the medic. Same problem, engineer keeps dropping mines, sooner or later your luck runs out. Same result as before.

3) Kill the mines. Sounds groovy but I tend to need my entire fireteam to do it in reasonable time (on my science captain at least.) Kill one mine, the engineer drops another. Repeat ad nauseum.

it's not necessarily difficult per se, it's just incredibly tedious. That's not even taking into account other romulans giving a helping hand too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Really?

You know it takes like 2 shots to blow up the mine? You can also pause combat and set waypoints for your BOs. Not to mention you don't even need BOs to get through normal ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
Really?

You know it takes like 2 shots to blow up the mine?
It does? i don't know what weapons you're using but I've never seen any weapon knock half the hp off a thaleron mine, even on my tac (who might reasonable be expected to put out more damage)
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Well if the Romie engineers are dropping them like candy, that may be an issue.
The Devs may need to adjust thier drop rate.
The mines themselves are suppossed to be a uber-deadly weapon though and they do not need changing in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Well McKoy did cure an old lady's diabetes with a pill once. Maybe this just the next step in modern medicine?:p
Actually, it was a kidney regeneration pill.

And Romulan medics have been resurrecting vaporized NPCs since Beta.