Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
actually, it was confirmed at the same time. and I am a lifetime member who knows I won't get reimbersed IF and when STO goes FTP... not that there won't be an option to subscribe for full features... like CO has. but hey, with your sense of entitlement, perhaps you should try taking down the big corperations that have curropted the government and stolen your very freedom?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
So you're saying that those that bought a Lifetime Subscription for the game don't deserve reimbursement if/when the game goes F2P?
Well... no I don't think they should. While nothing for them changes everyone else will have only limited access to the game if they don't pay for some kind of sub. But as there is currently no plan for STO F2P we know of this is pure speculation anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm one of many nowadays that are in a strict budget just to make ends meet. that is why I would love to have a lot of the items on the C-store, but have relegated myself to grinding for emblems and waiting to craft the Delta Flyer. I am just happy that cryptic is giving us the chance to get these items in other ways than spending much need cash.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
So you're saying that those that bought a Lifetime Subscription for the game don't deserve reimbursement if/when the game goes F2P? It's the same concept. I bought the Delta Flyer because i wanted it and it wasn't available any other way. Announcements on game features such as a craftable Delta Flyer were not confirmed until recently and even then developer announcements on features depend on priority.
We were made aware of the Delta Flyer being craftable and available to purchase along with the knowledge of a free Shuttle for the Weekly series all around the same time, all of which was before anything went live.

And no, i wouldn't expect a reimbursement on my LTS either. And no, its not the same concept at all. I brought my LTS in December, six weeks or so before the 20% discount was applied during the Anniversary week. Did i expect a refund? No, because things don't happen in life like that. A sale happens without prior knowledge usually, so while i would love that money back, i am under no illusion that it would ever happen. If someone brought their LTS 6 months ago, a year ago, it makes no difference. T & C covers every avenue and regardless, if you brought something back then, it was not because you expected to get a reimbursement a year later, two years later or whatever if STO ever does go F2P. But this situation is different to yours. And simply, we were made aware of the Shuttle situation all around the same time in forum discussions.

The way you mention things is like Cryptic did some kind of sly secretive move with the Shuttles. This isn't the case. Perhaps in the future you weigh up the options with a little more time spent checking everything before going ahead with a transaction. How is it that you believe the annoucement was much later compared to when i and many others knew about it? You brought the Delta Flyer because you wanted it and it wasn't available any other way...yet, and that is how we knew it to be. I would only have had issues with this if owning the Delta Flyer was the only way to actually start the Weekly Series off. Now then i would have had cause for concern. Next time, i suggest you hold on to your cash till you understand everything first. Put this one down to a lesson learnt.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Cavete Emptor.. The Buyer beware..

Knew it would be a craftable before it went on the c-store. If I'd had the cash I would have bought it via the c-store, but I didn't and I didn't. Hope the craftng recipie thing is soon.. I rather enjoy my runabout, type-8, and capatains day cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
So you're saying that those that bought a Lifetime Subscription for the game don't deserve reimbursement if/when the game goes F2P? It's the same concept. I bought the Delta Flyer because i wanted it and it wasn't available any other way. Announcements on game features such as a craftable Delta Flyer were not confirmed until recently and even then developer announcements on features depend on priority.
I have lifetime for Lotro and CO and they both went free to play. I do not expect a refund. I paid for a subscription that would grant me access to the game for the life of the game. I have what I paid for on both games.

Both of the games have a solution for my investment, instead of having to pay for access to parts of the game that those who do not play have to I keep my access and I get a monthly stipend in both games.

Your right you purchased the Delta Flyer like I did on the c-store because I wanted it sooner than waiting for the crafting option which was told before the item was put on the c-store.

Like others have said buyers beware. Instead of waiting on the crafting option you purchased it from the c-store even though it was on the forums there would be a crafting mission. If you did not do your research, you are not entitled to a refund. Even if you did your research, youíre still not entitled to a refund.

Cryptic did not cheat you and you canít blame them they are a company and they put an item up on the c-store before they released an in game option. Some have purchased and others have not so Cryptic being a business has done like any other business and they did it in a fashion that would make them money.

I purchased the Lifetime to CO and the mirror universe uniforms went on the c-store. I never cried for a refund. You have to take this stuff in strides and don't let these things get you down.
Caveat emptor
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2011, 10:59 PM
The description for the Delta Flyer in the C-Store even says it will be available for crafting. And has since it was introduced.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
So for those of us that actually paid for the Delta Flyer i hope we get some kind of C-store credit or reimbursement.
if you buy it on the C store its account wide if you craft it it's character only and takes multiple days and probable needs some rare particals
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Well, here we are, end of the series, and no daily missions, and no Delta Flyer to craft. I haven't seen any dates for when or if these will come, but I also know that it doesn't mean they weren't put out there.

Can anyone put my fears to rest and tell me, if they know, when the announced date of both of these promised features will be added? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
have you checked imagionationland?