Lt. Commander
It would be very nice, if the red stripes on the federation ships could be hided like the set items or the kits and armors on our characters. Some people don't like them and on some ships, they really don't look very great.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgai_Spock
It would be very nice, if the red stripes on the federation ships could be hided like the set items or the kits and armors on our characters. Some people don't like them and on some ships, they really don't look very great.
Seconded/signed/supported/agreed.

I would like to be able to specify which ones by hull section.

I don't mind the stripes on the Intrepid nacelles, but the ones on the Engineering hull have got to go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Yes, they are nice and there are definately a lot of people very happy about it, but that wasn't the point.
There are always many people, who dislike things like that and i don't see a reason, why the stripes can not be hided. Especially because they can not be seen in all season of the star trek series.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2011, 08:02 AM
TOS aside, show me a single season that did not have them.

I see no reason they should be optional.
Since they are the markings of Starfleet ships.

Of course if you don't want to fly "Starfleet" ships theres always the Klingon faction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2011, 08:32 AM
as i said before, some people don't like these stripes and some people like it,
They can be seen in most episodes, but not in all. Why this is so, is irrelevant. The point is, that they are not as big as in the game, if they can be seen in the series. And in the series, your canera view isn't stait behind them.

I really can understand, that some don't like all the stripes ingame.
As we are able to hide a set item, that is integrated in our ship, i find it unlogic to be unable to hide stripes on our ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2011, 08:45 AM
no, they are Starfleet markings and should never be optional.

but i agree that they could look better on certain ships.
and somehow the anti aliasing seems not to work for textures, especially these red lines.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thchild
Just waiting for someone to wish for the original Galaxy model to be brought back
I guess its impossible to please everyone.
I ate my cereal out of the original Galaxy saucer section this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgai_Spock
as i said before, some people don't like these stripes and some people like it,
They can be seen in most episodes, but not in all. Why this is so, is irrelevant. The point is, that they are not as big as in the game, if they can be seen in the series. And in the series, your canera view isn't stait behind them.

I really can understand, that some don't like all the stripes ingame.
As we are able to hide a set item, that is integrated in our ship, i find it unlogic to be unable to hide stripes on our ship.
I don't like Warp Nacelle's and Pylons on my ships.
Can i get the ability to hide them too?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I assume you wanted to point out, that you don't want to see the possibility to hide things, that are belonging to your ship. Although i don't share your opinion, we should not be able to hide our armors and kits and set items then. It's the same as in your example