Lt. Commander
# 21
05-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Nice story, makes me feel like all of alpha quadrant is about to fly apart in all directions.
The perfect setup for the Star Trek universe in an MMo
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Whats with this red matter talk, is this something they just took from the movie as I don't quite remember it being mentioned in anything canon before hand. Guess it fits with both things having a ship called the "Jellyfish" too.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-21-2009, 06:39 PM
"House of Markok"? Sounds more like something that's not appropriate, than it being an spelling error. :p

Well I'm happy things are starting to get really heated up, even in the Federation. But I'm really happy of the major development on the Klingon Front, bet Martok's going to get challenged. And interesting the Breen might get involved.

Though the thing that really angers me about this installment of the Path to 2409 is Worf's second son's name. It really doesn't sound very Klingon to me. Would've been more like Worf to name it after someone close to him, like his brother Kurn or named him after his father Mogh.[/color]

And I still mad that you guys written that Worf ended up with Grilka, when she's with Quark. It's as if STO is an overgrown fanfiction and not something that would actually be written.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirksOtherSon View Post
Heh. If you see the "Star Trek Countdown" prequel comic (LINK), you'll see that the Vulcan decision was more a result of typical Vulcan over-caution, rather than malice.

KOS
Iíll go one farther: We can say itís over caution but what if Vulcan did hand the ability to create black holes over to the Romulans so they could keep their empire intact?
An ability they didnít even make known to the Federation; for good reason as far as I'm concerned. What if someone in the Fed like Pressman could make singularities at will?
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-21-2009, 06:51 PM
The Vulcans can't allow RED MATTER to fall into Romulan hands. (The needs of the many) The Romeys arent gona let anyone in there space to play around with with that stuff. So what is a Vulcan to do?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Whats with this red matter talk, is this something they just took from the movie as I don't quite remember it being mentioned in anything canon before hand. Guess it fits with both things having a ship called the "Jellyfish" too.
Apparantly Red Matter is introduced in the comic tie in to the movie.

Yay one can celebrate Australia's Sesquicentennial.

If the Vulcans knew of this and Nero knew they knew it explains much.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I really hope the Vulcans don't end up getting kicked out the federation, this Adrams person seems to have some sort of irrational hate for people with pointy ears.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
There is no way Vulcan could get kicked out of the Federation. Without the Vulcans, there would be no Federation. It would be like kicking the United Kingdom out of NATO. Besides there is still 21 years in the Timeline to go. The conflict will be between the Federation and Klingon Empire. The Federation can't fall apart.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-21-2009, 07:18 PM
With all but one of the other major powers weaken. I don't blame the Klingons wanting to attack and conquer. The could swoop in a own all of the beta quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-21-2009, 07:21 PM
another good year wonder what is going to happen with the vulcans and wonder how much longer till the klingons are no longer our allies