Lt. Commander
# 1 Startrek Infinite..What?!
02-20-2011, 02:08 AM
I found this at mmorpg.Does it has to do anything with cryptic?If not then cryptic will find a new antagonist in summertime.I
t is a browser game using 3d engine.

http://startrek-is.com/
Lt. Commander
# 2 cool
02-20-2011, 02:14 AM
This picture made my warp core implode because of pure deposits of epicness,but there isnt really any real game play footage and the graphics are meh.

EDIT: I think I see Picard and Riker in that picture, maybe Data on the barstool can't be sure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssw
I found this at mmorpg.Does it has to do anything with cryptic?If not then cryptic will find a new antagonist in summertime.I
t is a browser game using 3d engine.

http://startrek-is.com/
No, it's a browser game. Has nothing to do with Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
No, it's a browser game. Has nothing to do with Cryptic.
Yeah in the same line of the Clone Wars MMO released by SOE recently, hardly worth the time when you have a proper MMO such as STO to play.

Awesome trailer though
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
Yeah in the same line of the Clone Wars MMO released by SOE recently, hardly worth the time when you have a proper MMO such as STO to play.

Awesome trailer though
Yes the trailer is indeed epic. I loved the DS9 battles and I can't help myself, but seeing a cruiser formation with a Galaxy-class leading it has something majestic in it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2011, 02:19 AM
It has the same engine as BSG Online. Impressive for a browser game but not even touching the visual and game quality of STO.

And next thing is: People are crying about the C-Store and its mainly cosmetic sales. I wonder if the same players would join a game where spending 500$/month grants you huge advantages. And I know what I am taking about, I played some so-called "free to play" browsergames like this for a while and got really frustrated when the first euphoria was gone.

Besides that fact, the game mechanics are really flat compared to a "retail" MMORPG: Just test BSG Online and you will learn about it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaxx View Post
It has the same engine as BSG Online. Impressive for a browser game but not even touching the visual and game quality of STO.

And next thing is: People are crying about the C-Store and its mainly cosmetic sales. I wonder if the same players would join a game where spending 500$/month grants you huge advantages. And I know what I am taking about, I played some so-called "free to play" browsergames like this for a while and got really frustrated when the first euphoria was gone.

Besides that fact, the game mechanics are really flat compared to a "retail" MMORPG: Just test BSG Online and you will learn about it.
Yes, I played one "game" from BP, I think it was a Terminator or something. It's so ugly and primitive that offering ingame advantages for money is a borderline scam attempt. Nevermore.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2011, 02:24 AM
It's a gameforge game. I have no doubt that it will be fun, but i honestly don't see it being a direct competitor with STO any more than Browser games in general compete with "traditional" style MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2011, 02:36 AM
trailer is cinamatic so it will always look awesome

beside that check the graphics they are meh at best and even though i hate the galaxy class i can point out things that are incorrect in the model.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2011, 04:07 AM
you know what made me laugh the Defiant class ships sound like ships from star wars and also there is no sign of a shield in it at all. those Galaxy class ships went up in a big explosion almost instantly