Lt. Commander
# 31
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
Griffons make everything more awesome.
I tried to find a picture of the gryphs from Talislanta, but came up with nothin. :p
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
I tried to find a picture of the gryphs from Talislanta, but came up with nothin. :p
I want to see a plot where we go back in time and rescue the Xindi Avian race from extinction, and they become major players in the war against the Klingons. Or something.

Then you could have bird people for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-21-2011, 01:10 PM
How about a Star Trek specific Avian Race?

The Aurelians:

http://sharetv.org/shows/star_trek_t.../cast/aleek-om
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
http://www.johnmsteele.com/Talislanta/griff.gif From http://www.johnmsteele.com/Talislanta/Gallery.html

Not as cool as that other picture though... not a whole lot comes up when searching for Talislanta and griffens or gryphons...
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-22-2011, 12:31 AM
I want to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!!! lol! Actually, no, but it would be cool to have hands and feet like that.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-22-2011, 02:24 AM
haha, you know what ive been wanting to do a long time ? Create an actual Alien Alien you know, from predator n such ? only problem is well .. its not like they make good captains .... more like queens .... and yer crew as hatchery LOL. was just a random thought that came up in my mind at one point. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-22-2011, 03:34 AM
I put this in the playable deltan thread, but it may be more appropriate here. So sorry for double post.

think a great idea would be to allow you to name your species in the alien gen instead of just being 'alien'. Add in the exclusive traits but maybe limit them to 1 exclusive (3 normal) per character.

That way people can make what species they like, and then the c-store releases can be reserved for special ones (caitains etc) that dont have alien gen parts.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
Dan, please please PLEASE tell me whether or not adding Romulan ridges to the alien gen is on this list! It's probably the single most glaring omission from the alien gen, and there's a small army of players that want to see it!
You bet.

Dan said that they'd rather wait for the actual Romulan faction though. They want to keep the new pieces restricted until then. We did get new ears, 'pointed 6', and those look great, so there might be an inidication that more will follow.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section-31 View Post
I want to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!!! lol! Actually, no, but it would be cool to have hands and feet like that.
What you want is a Rigellian (2 Ls):

Quote:
The Rigellians were a sentient species of turtles known to the Federation by the late-23rd century. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)

The Rigellians were designed by Fred Phillips and Robert Fletcher for The Motion Picture.

In an interview appearing in the March 1980 edition of Fantastic Films, entitled, "The Star Trek Costumes", Fletcher revealed information about the Rigellians and the design of their costumes:

"This is the Rigellian Lord. They are a race of spacegoing turtles who no longer have shells to support their bodies. The material in his costume is a knit. The draping and coloration of the armor plating makes him a very elegant fellow. The armor plating was sculpted in the studio craft shop and is really fiberglass that has been chrome plated.

The Rigellian Lord is a very tall creature and his attendant is a smaller creature but physically the same. His costume is very similar to the first Regellian but a little less regal in appearance. The standard he is carrying was done by Tom and Maggie Browne and it's a carving representing his master's household crest and position in the community. The first Rigellian is not really the master. You see, the large turtles are the egg carriers and the smaller ones are the real power in the community. I guess you would call the Lord a figurehead."

When Mego produced a 3 " Saurian action figure for its second series in 1980, the company inadvertently called it a "Rigellian". [1]

In an article appearing in the January 2002 edition of Star Trek: The Magazine Volume 2, Issue 9, entitled "Who is that Alien?", the following information about the Rigellians, which included information taken from Fletcher's original background notes, added:

"Believe it or not, the Rigellians were supposedly descended from a race of saber-toothed turtles. They only had one gender and reproduced by laying eggs. Their armor was principally ceremonial, and the real power lay with their attendants who gave them food."
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresu
I put this in the playable deltan thread, but it may be more appropriate here. So sorry for double post.

think a great idea would be to allow you to name your species in the alien gen instead of just being 'alien'. Add in the exclusive traits but maybe limit them to 1 exclusive (3 normal) per character.

That way people can make what species they like, and then the c-store releases can be reserved for special ones (caitains etc) that dont have alien gen parts.
I agree that the "alien" tag should be a user specified unit. And for the less creative types, they could keep it alien, or go through an alien race name generator if their creativity requires a little assistance.