Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure, RA - I'm hiring!
02-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I want to complete this mission and get the borg gear!

I am willing to pay 1,000,000 energy credits to each member of a team upon successful completion of this mission. I need people (preferable a fleet members that are well traveled in the completion of this mission) to get me thru this. The farthest I have made it is the fourth gate.

I have been trying to complete this mission over the past couple of weeks, twelve hours yesterday without success, and this morning. I have been joining random groups that are inexperienced (as myself) and have members that quit after a short while. This has been making for a tedious and frustratiing mission for me.

I am a Fed Tac. I have the borg bat'leth and borg anti-proton rifle and will follow directions of a team who knows what they are doing and can guide me thru it. I also have Vent available and can join your channel.

Serious replies only, please. Pm me in game, I will be available the next few hours. Thx.

Nine Eighteen@FSE_Jrock
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2011, 08:12 PM
It looks like I have started a trend which btw it worked out well last night. We finished the mission and I am loving my assimlated deflector array. Looking forward to trying KA for the first time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Ahh . . .I just saw your thread you started the other day. wow . . .5million.

I don't have that much - 5 million X 4 players = 20,000,000.

I was thinking about offering 2 million, thinking that would inspire some responses. But, I tell you what, my offer still stands (Yes 2 Million a piece for each player) of a team that will get my Tactical character thru The Cure RA.

If you help me I will even help you (29th) with KA for free. I can log into my eng toon and help you out. I did it today with a group and we made it. I am not going to claim to be an expert at the mission, but have completed it successfully several times, and it is my favorite of the STF missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2011, 04:33 AM
I am the one that assisted 29th so if youre up for some assistance send me pm of when you want to do it and ill scrounge the guys up i know i missed original time but meh im now getting to sleep since yesterdayy
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I would strongly recommend you contact one of the officers at my fleet, ANZAC. We do weekly runs through all of the STFs, and they are consistently completed quickly.

If you ask nicely, I am sure they'll let you on one of the runs - there is a few equipment requirements, but they aren't that hard to get. The Cure in particular is done on Wednesday night, AEDST time, which is around 10am Wednesday, GMT.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks to the many of you that responded to my post. I received several invites to join weekly fleet and group runs and most stated they would be happy to do it for free . . .lol

Its good to know what a great community we have here.

I enjoy doing the STF's. I guess I was just frustrated that I seemed to be running into unfortunate luck with some of the groups I had been finding.

I had set up with a fleet group that responded to my post. They were very gracious to invite me to play with them and help me along in the quest for later in the week. Thanks.

However, I was fortunate enough Monday night. On a lucky draw, I join a random group that was doing the mission from the start. The group leader was patient and knowledgeable, and took the time to explain to us 'noobs' step-by-step instructions, and succeeded in getting us through the mission!

I had a blast, and now have a different opinion of The Cure as a fun doable mission. Thx.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2011, 12:03 PM
the stfs are more fun, it just takes you to complete it, and then you see how its done, strategy and team work and experience.

without that they are impossible as well they should be and any nerfing of them would take away the remaining difficulty in th egame
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Ya know - some may ding the OP for basically...offering a bounty (which - Not a fan, but that isn't the point)

CONGRATS !!!!

Ya didn't whine nerf -- you recognized that you just needed a hand getting "organized" and in reality, I think you found along the way, the 1 mil EC wasn't even required. Just as you said - willingness to pay attention, join with a team, and play as a team. THIS is how it is supposed to work, instead of incessant "nerf everything" !!!
GOOD ON YOU !!

'ell....you even had a little fun along the way, didn't ya ?!?!?

So - like I wrote elsewhere today - ya do not get to come on here, ask for help, get it, and only post "I made it"
DETAILS NOW REQUIRED !! At least a little write up.

Now.... Get ready for KA...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2011, 03:58 PM
The bounty was way excessive for The Cure, but congrats on seeking out experienced players then whining about how it needs nerfing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2011, 03:26 AM
I've found this to be a disturbing trend too. People make teams and then randomly just quit...