Lt. Commander
I've been playing for about 4 months now and am still not clear as to how effective the Vulcan nerve pinch or mind meld are. I imagine it would happen about as often as my Borg engineer and Borg science officer use "neural blast"? However there is no sound effect, so it is hard to know. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Mine meld is extremely powerful. It is the one thing that you can use to level the playing field against Klingon Swordmasters on Elite difficulty. However, if you're asking how often Bridge Officers use them, then I have no idea.

If you're asking how often the effects happen for your captain, they will never happen unless you activate the power. It should be listed in your powers window.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2011, 08:02 AM
I wasn't aware that it even was an option for your captain (perhaps a vulcan racial trait?) But yes I am asking regarding my bridge officers. I wish there was an indicator as to when it happens (like the sound of the borg neural blast/assimilation)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Your bridge officers use them at random times.

I've had my vulcan tac BO use mind meld on an enemy that had a sliver of life left on more than one occasion.

I'm looking forward to being able to slot BO powers in my hot bar so I can have them used when I need them to be, not at random times.

As for Captains, mind meld and nerve pinch are Vulcan traits (my tac has MM), it's a 2 minute cooldown if I remember correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2011, 02:36 PM
WHY ARE YOU POSTING 2 THREATS WITH THE SAME QUESTION ?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ht=Nerve+Pinch