Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgai_Spock
Hmm, the problem still exists.
I'm getting mails from 2 months ago every day.
Obviously only a few people are having this bug, but it would be nice, if this could be solved although.
this has been a long term problem that started with season 3's release. there has already been several other threads on the subject and it was mentioned in one of the engineering reports as being Under Investigation.

i'd suggest that you submit a bug report.

as you seem to have found out, items that expired are returned to the character who posted them are can only be picked up from the mail / viewed by that particular character. its possible that you deleted these mails thinking that they were empty before you realised this. in that case the mail will continue to be sent empty until customer service resolves the problem for you....
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2011, 06:10 AM
the problem ist, that i wrote a ticket and a gm report 3 weeks ago....no response, nothing happened.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2011, 07:04 AM
it may take a couple of months if its a bug report.

my missing expired sale items took 8+ weeks at an estimate before they were returned.

i'd suggest that you stop deleting the emails in the meanwhile, limit the amount of characters you use to sell with and regularly take down items before they expire and reprice them etc.

other than that possibly send stormshade a pm, he'll love me for suggesting that :p - but thats what he's here for, to liaise with customers.

it'd be nice if the developers would make some form of announcement regarding the status of this issue though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Ok, Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2011, 08:01 AM
I found the solution by doing this:
  1. Go to the mail with your character and check through and grab all items. Delete all emails even if there is no item.
  2. Log out.
  3. Log in with alt and repeat steps 1 and 2.
  4. Repeat with all characters.

I made the problem go away be logging in with my alt and having him take the items and deleting the emails. That stopped the emails all together.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2011, 09:04 AM
One of the updates changed it so instead of expired auctions being accessible by any character on your account it is only accessible, (retrieve expired item) from the character that put it on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM
If only the posting character can see or retieve the item, then they should list the character name in the email. That would pretty much solve this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2011, 10:11 AM
I started having this happen once they fixed Tribble's cloning process and I cloned myself.

It's obnoxious. And at the very least if they are going to spam my Inbox they should at least duplicate the items for me.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
There was a WoW add-on I used to automatically take items lfrom mail and delete the mail. I just had to click one button and it solved all my auction spam.

Are people allowed to make add-ons for STO?