Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2011, 04:47 AM
They nerfed the cleavage. Look at the bolian stationed at the door of club 47. So much for getting what you vote for
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
They nerfed the cleavage. Look at the bolian stationed at the door of club 47. So much for getting what you vote for
To be fair, replicating the source images in game would have required a complete re-design of the female upper torso for all models, the existing model's breasts are too far apart to simulate cleavage.
All things considered this is a good compromise. It doesn't shatter immersion and doesn't look like one stretch will result in your buxom security chief causing an inter stellar incident.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
To be fair, replicating the source images in game would have required a complete re-design of the female upper torso for all models, the existing model's breasts are too far apart to simulate cleavage.
All things considered this is a good compromise. It doesn't shatter immersion and doesn't look like one stretch will result in your buxom security chief causing an inter stellar incident.
you are still missing the point of his complaint:

This is not what we have asked for.

Its like going to buy a car and walking out of the dealership with a bicycle.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2011, 06:11 AM
I'm just mad about the cleavage nerf. I'm not a pervert and wasn't deluded to expect it to look exactly like the PC Gamer cover. However I can live with it I guess.

My only criticism about the male option is the undershirt is very strange ribbed. I hope they give us other texture options for it
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post

Oh I'm well aware of point and I gave a possible reason for why the expectation was not achievable.

The old formula still applies: They're C-store. If you're not happy with them don't buy them.

Like it or not the cold reality is that, at this stage, crying foul isn't going to get you T'Pol spilling out of her tunic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2011, 06:32 AM
It was always my opinion that this should be a standard ingame feature, and not something we have to pay for. I know someone suggested that the whole bundle pack might be 1200cp which is proposterous imo. I love cryptics work and the C-store but there are things, besides the featured episode rewards, we players should just get as part of natural game development.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
I like showing cleavage like the next person but they have to think about it's been rated T so they can't put to much in game.But kids see more cleavage in a cartoon on TV & a rate E game then a rate T game anymore

It would be nice if it was just put in game as standard but they need to get payed for they're work like everyone
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Well.... the Orion outfits pretty much invalidate any arguments of T rating for cleavage.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post

And I think you're missing the point of the counter argument.

It's not reasonable to expect that you will get exactly what you ask for in all situations.

Just because a large portion of the player base wants something doesn't necessarily mean Cryptic is reasonably able to provide it. To modify your metaphor, this is like going to a Toyota dealer and asking to buy a Ferrari. Sure it's not unreasonable to want a Ferrari and you made your desire known, but it is unreasonable to expect the Toyota dealer to be in a position to sell you one.

In the case of open uniforms I don't think it's reasonable to expect a complete re-design of every female model to accommodate the new uniform options.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2011, 08:58 AM
I would like to see them added for free, since they're just variants of existing uniforms.

I probably won't buy it unless it has an undershirt option for females, and a non-undershirt option for males (check this pic to see what I mean: http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1605/2409openuni.jpg). Otherwise it's really half a set.

A little sidetrack: the TOS dress uniforms should just be added to the TOS pack. People that have it should get them for free, and people that don't can buy the pack to get them and the TOS regular unis.
Closed Thread