Lt. Commander
# 31
02-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Not only would it feed them attention - they ARE customers.

We promise you guys that we will do our very best to keep your info private. As such, if I give PatricianVetinari an infraction for not wearing black assassins' garb in favour of dark greens and grays and THEN make a big deal out of it, he could turn around and say: YOU disrespect my privacy!!

ANYTHING we as Cryptic or Atari do to your account is between you and us - and no one else.
So, I may infraction PatricianVetinari; or give him a warning... but if I do, I will tell him in private. He'll get a PM that reads: "Subsection 23 of our Forum Rules states clearly: You may not forego the use of Black Assassin Garb in favour of dark greens and grays."
But I will not post about it on the forums. For all you know when you happen upon the edited posting, nothing serious happened. And you cannot trace back what we did with him for it.

This is also the same reason why we do not allow people to discuss their infraction on the boards!
What is between you and us will be handled (via community ticket) between you and us. Posting it in public is a no-go and we will act if this happens.
Since we cannot discuss what happened in public, we say in our rules that no one may.

And this goes everywhere:
If you get an infraction in the game - we will not discuss this with anyone else. Which is why, when you report someone in the game, the GMs will usually not contact you to talk about the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
What are we supposed to be doing here if talking about these issues on the forum is considered trolling?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Good point Omega Hunter 9, I guess the trolls would find their newfound infamy to be a boon.

I suppose a customer's rights to privacy in this situation would take precedence. Thank you for explaining things Wishy.

Also, please don't blame me for you or the rest of the Guild not having read a certain book on the art of camouflage... I had nothing to do with that last copy being burned...
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
And this goes everywhere:
If you get an infraction in the game - we will not discuss this with anyone else. Which is why, when you report someone in the game, the GMs will usually not contact you to talk about the issue.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-22-2011, 02:37 PM
How do I handle certain "troll" behavior in game.

I detected one particular type of "trolling":
During a PvP match, someone starts sending "angry tells" indicating stuff that I cheat/hack the game, that I am whatever. The moment I try to explain to the sender what really happened, which powers were involved etc., I just get the message that the sender has me ignored.

How do I handle such behavior? It's offensive, it lessens the enjoyment of the game, and it seems to come from the same streak as forum trolling.

Ignoring the player just helps me - someone else will soon be the next victim.
I can open a Behavioral GM Ticket - but that is actually a complicated process in the middle of a PvP match, and I have to take careful note of the player name. In some cases, my chat log might reset.

Is the GM Ticket my only recouse? Can the process be made more easy in some way, by having a "Report User" option where the appropriate GM ticket with the name pre-filled pops up?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-22-2011, 02:47 PM
But... a lot of things make me giggle when I type in response to things. Even inappropriate stuff. lol
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
That is outside the scope of this thread. Keep in mind the scope of this thread is for forum behavior. You can always open up another thread asking this question.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

I detected one particular type of "trolling":
During a PvP match, someone starts sending "angry tells" indicating stuff that I cheat/hack the game, that I am whatever. The moment I try to explain to the sender what really happened, which powers were involved etc., I just get the message that the sender has me ignored.
You handle these hackusations in the appropriate manner:
  1. Laugh.
  2. Take a screenshot.
  3. Edit out the names of those involved.
  4. Post the hackusations in the "Amusing PvP Chats" thread in the PvP forums.
That's honestly about all you can do. If they go way over the top, report them for harassment and continue on with your day.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-22-2011, 02:57 PM
This thread made me think of a new term:

Trollcrafting.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
The next steps should be to help reform trolls into respectable posters, and then to solve the Fed. Carrier dispute, because there is a lot of trolling in that topic.

Closed Thread