Lt. Commander
# 1 STF difficulty nerf?
02-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Looks like all STF got nerf, i mean, the Borgs dead extremely easy now. I don’t have a problem with that, but the boss also got nerf.
Rebbecca gets kill in less than 10 seconds, and Ameck (the ground boss of The Cure) its a joke, i mean, now it can get tank by any class of players and gets kill in less than 20 seconds!

Yesterday we play The Cure in VA level and we finish in less than one hour.

Please, i have no problem with the easy Borg Trash, but the Boss should go to their previous difficulty! STF are not longer a challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2011, 04:22 PM
I agree!

Less trash, more interesting boss fights!

Bosses should be tough but also a bit more obvious in what they do and how they work. When people have a clear idea of why they died, it makes the failure feel less painful.

Bosses that die in 15 seconds are weaker than elite tactical drones...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2011, 05:05 PM
The only problem I have with it is you cant solo it or do it wtih 2 ppl.. I have a fleet but they dont do **** together... I spent 2 days trying to do The Cure and Infected but no one will do it or ill find 1-2 ppl who want to but it takes to long to find a group and they log off.. Cryptic needs to seriousely rethink how they do things... as it is now its seriousely flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactOfRedemption View Post
The only problem I have with it is you cant solo it or do it wtih 2 ppl.. I have a fleet but they dont do **** together... I spent 2 days trying to do The Cure and Infected but no one will do it or ill find 1-2 ppl who want to but it takes to long to find a group and they log off.. Cryptic needs to seriousely rethink how they do things... as it is now its seriousely flawed.
Somewhat different topic...

STF difficulty levels are in the process of being implmented. The first part of this involves making changes to the existing spawn groups so they play nice with the difficulty level tech. These changes -may- result in subtle variation in difficulty of trash mobs.

STFs were never designed as solo content, and I don't think they should be converted into such. They are being changed so the easier difficulties do not require a full team - the lowest difficulty should be easily completable with 3 people, not 5.

However, the difficulty changes are a big job and not something that will happen overnight. In addition, Gozer has a whole lot on his plate as is with other stuff, like Feature Episodes, so this will further delay STF attention.

I'd be happy if we had the STF variable-difficulty stuff by Season 4, but I think Season 5 is more realistic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2011, 08:45 PM
I disagree with most of these posts. I am much happier that the enemies were nerfed some what.

When my team with three very experienced players got to Amek in "The Cure", our tanking character got creamed with one or two shots from the boss. It was almost by chance that we got him away from his minions. It was at that point that we unloaded on him with everything. When we finally got him down to the point where he creates personal shield walls, almost all of us had to melee with him since we could not get a good angle to fire on him either from above, or between those shield walls.

If it is indeed being changed for different difficulty levels, then those who want a challenge should play on the highest levels annd not complain about how easy the lower difficulty levels are. Just because one person finds constantly being KOed interesting doesn't mean everyone does. I like taking things slow and reading everything the NPCs have to say. The action in the STFs seem so rushed and frantic that I don't have time to understand the character motivations and the story before the next swarm clobbers the team.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Just finished the cure and can confirm, Armek is now a joke. He took less time to kill than most drones. Looks like all the QQ paid off. Come get your free borg gear. Now there are no PvE challenges in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell
The action in the STFs seem so rushed and frantic that I don't have time to understand the character motivations and the story before the next swarm clobbers the team.
¿what that have to be with anything? I read every single NPC dialog of this game ¿and?...
A final Boss should be more easy to kill than a simple trash boss (Armek gets kill faster than a Elite). I am sorry to said, but we cant get the difficulty of this game to your level beacose you want to take things slow..
I said again, i have no problem with the Trash nerf, but Boss should stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
Just finished the cure and can confirm, Armek is now a joke. He took less time to kill than most drones. Looks like all the QQ paid off. Come get your free borg gear. Now there are no PvE challenges in the game.

And that’s the problem, Armek its more easy to kill than a Elite Drone now! And i agree with you, there is no PVE challenge in this game right now.

I remember that Gozzer said that the trash was going to get nerf, but not the puzzles and the Boss, so ¿this is maybe a bug? I hope so…
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I disagree with most of these posts. I am much happier that the enemies were nerfed some what.

When my team with three very experienced players got to Amek in "The Cure", our tanking character got creamed with one or two shots from the boss. It was almost by chance that we got him away from his minions. It was at that point that we unloaded on him with everything. When we finally got him down to the point where he creates personal shield walls, almost all of us had to melee with him since we could not get a good angle to fire on him either from above, or between those shield walls.

If it is indeed being changed for different difficulty levels, then those who want a challenge should play on the highest levels annd not complain about how easy the lower difficulty levels are. Just because one person finds constantly being KOed interesting doesn't mean everyone does. I like taking things slow and reading everything the NPCs have to say. The action in the STFs seem so rushed and frantic that I don't have time to understand the character motivations and the story before the next swarm clobbers the team.
Your team might be very experienced players, but youre obviously inexperienced at STFs if:

1: Your tanking character isnt meleeing him

2: If youre not using either the devidian weapon *or* dragging him so you can shoot from the cliffside

This have been posted a billion times, there have been more than a few video walkthroughs, there have been tons and tons and tons of advice posted on these boards..
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
gddarnit i come back to this?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Your team might be very experienced players, but youre obviously inexperienced at STFs if:

1: Your tanking character isnt meleeing him

2: If youre not using either the devidian weapon *or* dragging him so you can shoot from the cliffside

This have been posted a billion times, there have been more than a few video walkthroughs, there have been tons and tons and tons of advice posted on these boards..
Yes, out tanking player WAS meleeing him. Not everyone had earned the Ophidian Cane. It is rather presumptuous of you to assume everyone has it.