Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
There are two ships to fight while inside The Vault. In the middle there is a Mogai, simply hug the wall and you won't have to fight it. At the end there is a Bird of Prey, continually fly right below its belly and it won't fire torpedoes at you - making it fairly easy to kill it after a minute or so.

I have done this 10 times (twice on each of my 4 characters solo (fed: 1 sci, 1 eng, 1 tac, Klingon 1 tac), and twice more in groups). I have used every shuttle available, the klingon thing (forgot the name), Type 8, Runabout, Delta Flyer, and that D'Kyr shuttle thingie
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
There are two ships to fight while inside The Vault. In the middle there is a Mogai, simply hug the wall and you won't have to fight it. At the end there is a Bird of Prey, continually fly right below its belly and it won't fire torpedoes at you - making it fairly easy to kill it after a minute or so.
I did the mission today (3rd time I finished it) and I took the Delta Flyer straight down and then across in the vault and when I was close to the bulkhead on the other side I took the ship upward through the bulkhead, getting past the Mogai. Several small fighters followed me in and I fought them without the Mogai being able to assist them. I did have to fight the Bird of Prey. Once out of the Vault, I concentrated on the small fighters for the most part and let my ally ship fight the larger Romulan ship.

I am slowly learning how to finish the mission without being defeated twice before I finish it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2011, 07:09 PM
If you have a BoFF with Mask Energy Signature, you can use it to slip past pretty much any ship. It's hard to do it after shooting the doors, so have some engine batteries and evasive manuvers ready, so you can shoot the doors, blast out of there, activate Mask Energy Sig, and slip through. Also, you will not have to do that with the BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2011, 07:15 PM
i just did it on kdf in the shuttle an i just slammed the full borg set on it, couldnt see the shuttle but damn it looked nice an had no probs with the vault.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I've run the Vault twice now, both in the Danube 8. Once with supplied equipment plus the best of what I had to fill in. Once with what I considered my best setup from my personal stuff. After looking at it later, it appeared that the supplied equipment was better than anything I had by a small percentage. As a side note, I run on advanced.

The trick is to escape when it says escape. Don't feel like you have kill everything in there.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Here is what I did and it got me through several times without a hitch.

--Go towards your left and hug the wall. Make sure you put all power to engines, and adjust your speed to keep sneaking up to the door. Keep an eye on the location of the Big Guy.
--Once you can see the targeting squares near the door, look for the one that is the lock and click on it to highlight it.
--Full speed, not Full Impulse, towards the door and make your shot once the target goes live. Once the lock is destroyed and the doors start opening hit Evasive Maneuvers.
--EM with full power to engines should give you enough speed to almost emulate Full Impulse and get you far into the next room. Don't stop and do not collect your $200. Go around the corner and if the Fighter are still following you, make quick work of them but keep going. Be ready to recharge your shields since those energy fields will frag them.

EM is golden in this part of the mission.

Done