Lt. Commander
# 1 Frozen: The naked truth
02-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm a big fan of the features series. Including the current one. But...

Frozen should DEFINATELY have gone through another round of testing. I was convinced of this after trying it on Elite setting.... This is not an issue of "I'm doing it wrong" as you will soon see.... It's simply the issue of NPC damage scaling horribly off the scale! Not slightly or somewhat, but HORRIBLY!

"Tal Shiar General deals 3464 (3922) Disruptor Damage to you with Auto-Targeting Beam."
You may notice this is an AoE attack, wiping the entire team...

"Tal Shiar General deals 1100 (2140) Disruptor Damage to you with Disruptor High Density Beam."
Single target, but still an easy one-shot...

"Tal Shiar General's officer Plasma Grenade deals 765 (1884) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Grenade III Applied."
Notice that this is the force of the grenade hitting me, not the plasma damage! After this is burns for 88hp per second.

Trying to run this mission on Elite failede, and led to my first ragequit in months. Tomorrow when i log back on I have a stupid mess to clean up http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6439/stupidb.jpg

In addition to this, I would have liked all team-members to get the small dialogue boxes, not just the first to enter the room.

Also, awsome as they are, I would like the option to Esc past the cutscenes like we could in the last episode. I absolutely LOVE them, but when running my 8th toon through the mission it becoms annoying...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2011, 02:55 PM
maybe, if you're having trouble on elite, you should try it on a lower difficulty setting:p
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
maybe, if you're having trouble on elite, you should try it on a lower difficulty setting:p
I have completed it on normal and advanced.

Do you feel it ok that Elite is not completeable? And that only the very last scene is, so i have to play through the entire mission again on advanced to be able to finish it?

As it is now, Elite setting is only a trap to lure people into wasting an hour, just to have the door slammed in their face :p

Difficulty should scale by setting, and by number of players in your team. This mission does NOT scale correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2011, 05:56 PM
So the moral of the story is....you should wear an environment suit like Mat! Beyond that. . .wow. . .I didn't even realize anyone still played on elite. Were loot drops fixed then?

~D
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the screenshot - I needed to be cheered up today

For me the most anoying part was when you Confront Obisek.

After the Cut-Scene there is there is a Map Transition? and 3 of my away team members are left behind (over 100 meters away), or they have fallen through the gound? When I die and respawn they come back though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashter
So the moral of the story is....you should wear an environment suit like Mat! Beyond that. . .wow. . .I didn't even realize anyone still played on elite. Were loot drops fixed then?

~D
Nah, no good drops. I play on elite because its fun!

(But not when it does not scale right...)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
In addition to this, I would have liked all team-members to get the small dialogue boxes, not just the first to enter the room.
I agree. I have posted a thread with a suggestion about how dialog boxes (and branching dialog and optional objectives) could be changed to be more team-friendly.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=203609
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Do you feel it ok that Elite is not completeable? And that only the very last scene is, so i have to play through the entire mission again on advanced to be able to finish it?
Umm...why is it not completable again ? Did I miss something ? I ran it twice on elite. Yeah, if you barge into those mind-freak groups, you will get at team-wipe - and several times, I was rez'ing fallen BOffs (or they rez'ed me) but I got through two runs, on elite, with ONE team-wipe.

First time, yes...was an hour. I enjoyed the reading, and I explore things. Second time, - way less than an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
Umm...why is it not completable again ? Did I miss something ? I ran it twice on elite. Yeah, if you barge into those mind-freak groups, you will get at team-wipe - and several times, I was rez'ing fallen BOffs (or they rez'ed me) but I got through two runs, on elite, with ONE team-wipe.

First time, yes...was an hour. I enjoyed the reading, and I explore things. Second time, - way less than an hour.
Then you did not face the same General I did. those lines I posted were AoE one-shots. His 'Auto-Targeting' would even hit boffs located in another room. Out of range and behind a wall or two...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2011, 12:31 PM
The same things happen on the Advanced difficulty now too. I finally played it last night and me and my away team were continuously one-shotted by several different enemies. Unfortunately I didn't save a combat log, but I remember similar abilities being used for similarly ridiculous amounts of damage against me at Captain 3.
The rest of the mission had been the same boring ground combat where I could just build my generator/turrets and then walk away. Only in the last part where you need to shut off the transporter inhibitor gave me this problem.