Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They definitely need to make sure its in working order before release, but I agree they should have waited to hype it until just before release. Now they've already done all the interviews and promotions about it and there wont be a big PR event when it goes live unless those websites are willing to post the exact same interviews again.
Well since Tribble is open to anyone, it's hard to release something on Tribble and ignore it until it goes live on Holodeck.

Plus, PR departments and Development departments don't always work off the same schedule.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
No, it's not.

It's a semi-automated scripting process for generating missions and not the same the Cryptic Engine tools, as far as the devs have stated.

You input variables and the genesis tools use them to create random missions using kit pieces. Dstahl explained how it works in several interviews.[/color]
Well, he does specifically call it an "alpha version of the UGC tools":

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
The exploration content in STO was using an alpha version of the UGC tools - it was very basic UI and you had to know a lot about how the game works in order to use it effectively - BUT even at that early state of the tool - it was able to make some beautiful basic content using a single text editor interface.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=119
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Well, he does specifically call it an "alpha version of the UGC tools":

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=119
I take it back, dstahl did describe it as an extension of the tools.

However, I'm not sure if a text interface is even metaphorically equivalent to the Foundry (and the Genesis is something hyped back before launch - back at PAX even).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
However, I'm not sure if a text interface is even metaphorically equivalent to the Foundry
I'd love a text interface. Much easier to script for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Season 3 is named "Genesis" because of the Foundry UGC tool(the whole "project Genesis" thing, creating worlds, yadda yadda yadda). It has now been well over 2 months since Season 3 launched and the system that it is named because of still isnt live?
What is your dilemna Jacksparrowjive55? Are you upset that season 3 was called Genesis? We released the Foundry Beta on Tribble - check. We revamped system space - check. We revamped crafting - check.

So you are complaing that Foundry is still in Beta? What ever happened to "don't release it until its ready?"

How about the people who are actually using it on Tribble telling us not to release it yet? Should we ignore them and just push it out?

I'm seriously trying to figure out what you expected from this thread other than to just say "2 month - sad"

Is that your point?

How about 2 months of Beta being a good thing and that we're taking our time to make sure the feature has the elements that foundry creators want?

It honestly feels like you are complaining that we called Season 3: Genesis.

Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?

I dunno. I don't understand the point of starting this thread other than you are really really sad that Foundry isn't on Holodeck yet.

Why not just say that?

Or how about this... I officially rename Season 3: Sector Space. Does that make it better?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-22-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm fine waiting for it. That way when Foundry goes live, their will be some AWESOME missions waiting for me from all the practice people are getting on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
What is your dilemna Jacksparrowjive55? Are you upset that season 3 was called Genesis? We released the Foundry Beta on Tribble - check. We revamped system space - check. We revamped crafting - check.

So you are complaing that Foundry is still in Beta? What ever happened to "don't release it until its ready?"

How about the people who are actually using it on Tribble telling us not to release it yet? Should we ignore them and just push it out?

I'm seriously trying to figure out what you expected from this thread other than to just say "2 month - sad"

Is that your point?

How about 2 months of Beta being a good thing and that we're taking our time to make sure the feature has the elements that foundry creators want?

It honestly feels like you are complaining that we called Season 3: Genesis.

Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?

I dunno. I don't understand the point of starting this thread other than you are really really sad that Foundry isn't on Holodeck yet.

Why not just say that?

Or how about this... I officially rename Season 3: Sector Space. Does that make it better?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......Stahl...didn't you see the sign? Please see below!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
yeah i am pretty sure you can use it on tribble and transfer your stuff over live when it goes live anyways.
so what is the difference between it being on tribble and live? Nutin'.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
What is your dilemna Jacksparrowjive55? Are you upset that season 3 was called Genesis? We released the Foundry Beta on Tribble - check. We revamped system space - check. We revamped crafting - check.

So you are complaing that Foundry is still in Beta? What ever happened to "don't release it until its ready?"

How about the people who are actually using it on Tribble telling us not to release it yet? Should we ignore them and just push it out?

I'm seriously trying to figure out what you expected from this thread other than to just say "2 month - sad"

Is that your point?

How about 2 months of Beta being a good thing and that we're taking our time to make sure the feature has the elements that foundry creators want?

It honestly feels like you are complaining that we called Season 3: Genesis.

Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?

I dunno. I don't understand the point of starting this thread other than you are really really sad that Foundry isn't on Holodeck yet.

Why not just say that?

Or how about this... I officially rename Season 3: Sector Space. Does that make it better?
Owned by Dstahl, honestly I can wait for the Foundry, I want it to work properly before coming out and if it takes a little longer then it takes a little longer. They don't get paid over there to lounge around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
What is your dilemna Jacksparrowjive55? Are you upset that season 3 was called Genesis? We released the Foundry Beta on Tribble - check. We revamped system space - check. We revamped crafting - check.

So you are complaing that Foundry is still in Beta? What ever happened to "don't release it until its ready?"

How about the people who are actually using it on Tribble telling us not to release it yet? Should we ignore them and just push it out?

I'm seriously trying to figure out what you expected from this thread other than to just say "2 month - sad"

Is that your point?

How about 2 months of Beta being a good thing and that we're taking our time to make sure the feature has the elements that foundry creators want?

It honestly feels like you are complaining that we called Season 3: Genesis.

Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?

I dunno. I don't understand the point of starting this thread other than you are really really sad that Foundry isn't on Holodeck yet.

Why not just say that?

Or how about this... I officially rename Season 3: Sector Space. Does that make it better?
Meh. The OP is calling out behavior he thinks is said, and you are doing the same thing in response. I'm sure someone will do the same with my post. I guess its like the song says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.