Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
It honestly feels like you are complaining that we called Season 3: Genesis.
Genesis means Beginning.. it is a reference to the first book of The Bible, the story of creation. The term Genesis was also used in Star Trek II was to give a name to science project. That project was an experiment.. that was still in testing... into the literal creation of life, from lifelessness. Turning dead uninhabitable planets into Class M worlds.

In that respect however, Season 3 is perfectly named Genesis. It is the giving of the God Tools to everyone. During Season 3 we are being given our very first chance to access the tools to create our own missions. Cautiously at first, as the kinks are worked out of the system, and bugs are squashed.

But remember.. we're only In the beginning right now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Guys, guys, guys. You're all wrong. It's called Season 3: Genesis because of the Top Secret reward we're getting: The Genesis Torpedo
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I support a clean environment without hastily launched vessels, they just sink faster than you can say: "Hmmm, maybe we should have skipped those extra rows of cannons, the ship might be getting a bit heav... " *blob*

---
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
What is your dilemna Jacksparrowjive55? Are you upset that season 3 was called Genesis? We released the Foundry Beta on Tribble - check. We revamped system space - check. We revamped crafting - check.

So you are complaing that Foundry is still in Beta? What ever happened to "don't release it until its ready?"

How about the people who are actually using it on Tribble telling us not to release it yet? Should we ignore them and just push it out?

I'm seriously trying to figure out what you expected from this thread other than to just say "2 month - sad"

Is that your point?

How about 2 months of Beta being a good thing and that we're taking our time to make sure the feature has the elements that foundry creators want?

It honestly feels like you are complaining that we called Season 3: Genesis.

Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?

I dunno. I don't understand the point of starting this thread other than you are really really sad that Foundry isn't on Holodeck yet.

Why not just say that?

Or how about this... I officially rename Season 3: Sector Space. Does that make it better?
I WANT A PONY!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-22-2011, 05:53 PM
look on the bright side... if season 3 was called Genocide... I think half of us (vulcan,catatians and spoon head players) would be dead :O
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Genesis means Beginning.. it is a reference to the first book of The Bible, the story of creation. The term Genesis was also used in Star Trek II was to give a name to science project. That project was an experiment.. that was still in testing... into the literal creation of life, from lifelessness. Turning dead uninhabitable planets into Class M worlds.

In that respect however, Season 3 is perfectly named Genesis. It is the giving of the God Tools to everyone. During Season 3 we are being given our very first chance to access the tools to create our own missions. Cautiously at first, as the kinks are worked out of the system, and bugs are squashed.

But remember.. we're only In the beginning right now.
I hate to point this out but originally it had nothing to do with the bible because it supposedly took place before human language existed...at least according to a translation that a large portion of the world follows....and yet that translation stems from some random old person(s) translation of things that existed before human language.....I'm starting to sense something not right here....Also the word Genesis in and of itself actually comes from two other words: biogenesis and abiogenesis. The first meaning simply that life comes from life..while the latter meaning life from non life (inorganic compounds). Linguistically genesis simply means a creation or beginning...both iterations of the root word genesis come from latin or greek base words. On the other hand Genesis is a proper noun and 9 times out of 10 refers only to the book of Genesis of the Bible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulan_Propoganda
Guys, guys, guys. You're all wrong. It's called Season 3: Genesis because of the Top Secret reward we're getting: The Genesis Torpedo
They better give Snix a heads up on this one... it's going to need a BIG nerf.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
What is your dilemna Jacksparrowjive55? Are you upset that season 3 was called Genesis? We released the Foundry Beta on Tribble - check. We revamped system space - check. We revamped crafting - check.

So you are complaing that Foundry is still in Beta? What ever happened to "don't release it until its ready?"

How about the people who are actually using it on Tribble telling us not to release it yet? Should we ignore them and just push it out?

I'm seriously trying to figure out what you expected from this thread other than to just say "2 month - sad"

Is that your point?

How about 2 months of Beta being a good thing and that we're taking our time to make sure the feature has the elements that foundry creators want?

It honestly feels like you are complaining that we called Season 3: Genesis.

Maybe you are just complaining because you like to?

I dunno. I don't understand the point of starting this thread other than you are really really sad that Foundry isn't on Holodeck yet.

Why not just say that?

Or how about this... I officially rename Season 3: Sector Space. Does that make it better?
Personally I think there are some people who are paid to post negative things on the forums.

MMOs are big business.... What is a few thousand dollars to get a few people to lurk on your competitor's forums and attack everything and everyone when you have a budget in the 10's of millions?

It is almost a bargain at $0.50 per post...

I believe there are more than a couple people who are receiving financial compensation for attacking STO on the forums...

Hopefully one day they can outed and delt with as such people in my opinion deserve nothing but contempt.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
So over 3 months then. Thats pretty sad.
Let me introduce your to the Universal Law of Software Development Projects.

Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two.

Your choice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Personally I think there are some people who are paid to post negative things on the forums.

MMOs are big business.... What is a few thousand dollars to get a few people to lurk on your competitor's forums and attack everything and everyone when you have a budget in the 10's of millions?

It is almost a bargain at $0.50 per post...

I believe there are more than a couple people who are receiving financial compensation for attacking STO on the forums...

Hopefully one day they can outed and delt with as such people in my opinion deserve nothing but contempt.

This has to be true, beacuse honestly, who could have a bad thing to say about STO. I mean come on, everyone knows that the CIA was behind the Kennedy assasination, aliens are hidden at Area 51, and elvis is still alive.

(incase you can't tell, i'm attempting to be funny with the conspiracy theorist; If you don't think this is funny, then I apologize, here's a cookie)



Edit: DAMN.....i forgot to read my own sign!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 AM.