Lt. Commander
# 1 Patch?
02-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Anyone else getting some kind of patch downloading after closing down STO around the past hour?

Patching 1190MB
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Guessing a prepatch for something not sure what for.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I've never had it try to prepatch on me on exit. I don't even see the option to force it to in the options. There is definitely not a patch when logging in.

That download size sounds a lot like the last Tribble patch, you sure you didn't somehow start updating tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I've never had it try to prepatch on me on exit. I don't even see the option to force it to in the options. There is definitely not a patch when logging in.

That download size sounds a lot like the last Tribble patch, you sure you didn't somehow start updating tribble?
Nope.
I just quit STO, Holodeck and it started patching.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey folks,

Moving forward this will become a standard operating procedure for us. As you expected, we've enabled pre-patching for the next build of Star Trek Online. This is being done to reduce your download times once the patch is released later this week.

Going forward, we'll make sure to update the forums in the release notes section once pre-patching has been enabled, and also to place a message in the release notes section of the Star Trek Online Launcher.

I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2011, 06:32 PM
FWIW...

22 Feb 2011: 241MB download to put about a gig in the Live prepatch folder. (And I've been keeping up-to-date with Tribble at least daily, so this is fresh.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey folks,

Moving forward this will become a standard operating procedure for us. As you expected, we've enabled pre-patching for the next build of Star Trek Online. This is being done to reduce your download times once the patch is released later this week.

Going forward, we'll make sure to update the forums in the release notes section once pre-patching has been enabled, and also to place a message in the release notes section of the Star Trek Online Launcher.

I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Cool. My DSL line is <expletive deleted> slow, so I usually keep my Tribble copy up to date. That way, when Holodeck gets patched, my computer really only has to copy from one folder to the other. Using the pre-patching more is just really similar to this (at least, for me it is).

I am curious about one thing though, Stormy. Is there a reason that you have to enter and exit the game before pre-patching occurs? I'm thinking maybe that's the way the game keeps the pre-patch separate from the current game, or something like that. Main reason I ask is that, with pre-patching, I usually can't use the 'X' function and watch the file names (about the only good thing about having such a slow connection; I get to see the names of the files for a good bit, and speculate on what's coming, heh) like I do with normal patches.

Anyhoo, I'm off to go get the pre-patch. Thanks for the head's up!

edit: Never mind, lol. I got the 'X' function to work this time, so I'm not really worried about how or when the pre-patching occurs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2011, 06:37 PM
We enable the pre-patch after you log out so we don't lag you out of STO with a big download going on in the back ground.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Stormy, will this patch be on Tribble before live?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We enable the pre-patch after you log out so we don't lag you out of STO with a big download going on in the back ground.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I did wonder why it was patching when I was exiting the game it caught me a little off guard, but I didn't mind as more is good even more is better lol