Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2011, 09:47 PM
" MAKE A HOLE!"
Startled, the Captain flattened against the bulkhead with out thinking just in time to see a squad of security personnel go sprinting by as if their butts were on fire and their hair was catching.
The last officer slowed as he approached, halted and saluted.
"Lieutenant David Lee, sir. Ship's advanced hand-to-hand instructor. But, please, call me Axio."

Captain Stone gave the officer a once over. Compared to his C.O., Axio was diminutive, only 5'10" in height with a squat, stocky frame that looked as if it were as wide as it was tall. A thick beard and mustache that wouldn't be out of place on an Amish farmer obscured a round face with blue eyes that twinkled with humor. He was young, the Captain saw, maybe mid-30's, too young, really, to have deserved the evident balding head of auburn hair.
Strangely, he wore something across his back, something that Captain Stone belatedly realized was a sword of some type.
"I'd stay longer, sir, but these new people..." Axio shook his head. "Gotta get 'em trained up, in case we need them. By your leave, sir."
The captain nodded his assent and Axio began jogging away.
************************************************** *****************************

Axio jogged into the compartment that served as one of the ship's combat training areas and stopped. Sweat beaded across his forehead as he surveyed the panting and gasping crewmen that had come in before him.
"Okay, not bad. " He glanced at the ship's clock mounted on the wall. " Tompson, lead them in a warm-down, then everybody, et cleaned up and dismiss."
The Lieutenant paused, glared at a Bolian in the front row. "Exept you, Cobin. You failed the last proficiency test."
Axio's grin had more than a little malice in it as he casually reached over his shoulder and smoothly drew the longsword slung across his back. "Remedial class is in."
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Dr. Archie crouched on his tentacles near his medical console trembling. He was having a minor anxiety attack. He was very nervous about meeting new people. Usually it didn't go so well. Despite the enlightened age of humanity that he lived in there were many times when he'd heard someone shout "Monster!" He sat there imagining both good and bad scenarios, his mind like a super multiplex theatre. Then he noticed that his pincers had made several large gouges in the consoles base. He mentally berated himself that he hadn't noticed despite all the eyes. Then he did the mental exercises his father had taught him.

. o O ( I am a qualified Starfleet Medical Officer, I am a fascinating lifeform, and Great Bird of the Galaxy people sometimes like me.)

He quickly ignored the murderous impulses that raced across his mind. Sure he was genetically designed to be evil by some ancient precursor race. Yes there had been accidents at the lab when he was young, but these were misunderstandings.

Archie just didn't understand how easily mashed to bits humans were.

He'd proven himself time and time again for the job of Chief Medical Officer. He'd developed countless procedures and successfully performed surgeries on many patients. They were of course sedated prior to the surgery. Unfortunately for Archie most insisted on meeting the doctor. And most froze when they saw him. Virtually none of them stuck around to talk to him after.

There had been controversy surrounding his acceptance to the crew roster, but the man who had found and raised him was now a Starfleet Admiral. Admiral Archibald Palpatine looked nothing like a similiarly named character from science fiction. While he did have a lot of influence among Federation brass, he most definately did not have mystical powers. Dr. Archie owed his life and his place on this ship to the man who had discovered the embryonic Archie. When found he was in a temporal suspention field at some now destroyed percursor facility.

He stopped himself and headed out into the hall to be "social" and "interact" with his fellow starfleet officers. He made his way to the lounge with some trepidation. Though one of his three brains was visualizing him conducting a massacre on everyone he saw, the other two were keeping it in check. He practiced another mental exercise as he slithered towards the lounge.

. o O ( I'm not an evil monster, I'm not an evil monster...)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2011, 10:45 PM
WHAAA!! EVIL MONSTER!!! *points behind Dr. Archie at gigantic tribble monster*
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Personal Log: Commander Jimmy Funk - Just under half an hour until my first shift starts on the U.S.S. Ten Forward. I guess this is the second ship to bear the name although I don't know much about the first and her crew. I haven't had the chance to review the crew roster either. When told of this assignment, most of the crew still hadn't been chosen. I have been assigned to the Ten Forward as Second Officer and man the OPS post on the main bridge. I guess StarFleet doesn't feel that I am first officer material as of yet all things considered. The third shift I think will suit me well though as it basically leaves me as the senior officer on the bridge unless the first officer or the captian are needed.

Thankfully the transporter chief on the MoonFrye beamed me and my stuff right to my new quarters during their brief stop in Sector 001. This will be my first post since being reclaimed from the Cube during a salvage operation well over a year ago. After months of debriefings and rediscovering who I am, I'm glad StarFleet decided to reinstate my commission. It has been a long journey back to Earth from the other side of the Alpha Quadrant. Unpacking can wait until my shift is over. For now, I think I'm going to take a quick tour of the ship while on my way to the bridge. End recording!

*exits quarters*
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredZero View Post
WHAAA!! EVIL MONSTER!!! *points behind Dr. Archie at gigantic tribble monster*
Archie heard the shout and saw Commander BoredZero pointing at him and decided to try to appear casual at the bar. As he ordered his drink his voice sounded kinda like a werewolf's claws being drawn across a chalk board.

"Uh..gee willickers barkeep, I sure could go for a tall glass of hydrocloric acid." he said trying to sound harmless.

He nodded then spoke to the gigantic tribble monster that had rolled up to the bar next to him.

"Is this your first assignment aboard a starship?"
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Captain's Aide's log, supplemental. The new captain of the Ten Forward-A will be coming aboard shortly. After the loss of Captain Hazard, I've been assisting the First Officer command the ship, often taking care of the organisation of the ship's crew and resources, often performing tasks way above my level as a lowly ensign.

As for the ship, her recently upgraded systems after last month's visit to Utopia Planetia have still to be tested thoroughly. I shall be looking forward to what happens next. Ensign Romans out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Upon seeing the hideous monsters that entered the Lounge, Lieutenant Commander Hawkwood looked up and sparkles appeared in her eyes. My god...they are beautiful," she said to the monsters that had just entered. How she missed the specimens being on a starship produced.

She approached the one with the giant pincers and whipped out her tricorder and began scanning him. "Oh you are just a perfect killing machine aren't you?" she said to it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Chief Tribble Breeder's Log, date 2/23/2411 13:05 hours.
While this may seem odd that the commander has yelled "monster when seeing the large Tribble that ate soma grain that it found on the carpet out in the hall that came along with me, I was taken off guard by seeing other "monsters" that were staying away from the rest of the crew, probably to not risk maiming, or worse, killing the other crewmembers in the bar with them.

My guess is that I needed to make some alternatives to the Tribbles that I had beamed aboard my Breeding area (Cargo bay 2), which is next door to my own quarters, and feed them less foodgrain.

End Log...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Upon seeing the hideous monsters that entered the Lounge, Lieutenant Commander Hawkwood looked up and sparkles appeared in her eyes. My god...they are beautiful," she said to the monsters that had just entered. How she missed the specimens being on a starship produced.

She approached the one with the giant pincers and whipped out her tricorder and began scanning him. "Oh you are just a perfect killing machine aren't you?" she said to it.
The words and maniacal laughter flew out of his mouth before he could stop himself.

"Indeed I am! Bwahahahahahahaha hah...uh...oh. I mean, yes biologically I am."

There was something about the way Commander Hawkwood looked at him that at first he couldn't quite put a tentacle on. Then he figured it out. It was the direct opposite of the look most humans gave him. He found himself liking it. He lowered his voice and leaned in a bit.

"When I was just 2 years old I tried to play with one of the lab assistants and accidentally tore his head off."

He would have smiled as he said it, but then he realized how bad that sounded.

I felt terrible about it." he added quickly

. o O ( No you didn't Arch. Quiet YOU!)

"Uh anyway, I'm Dr. Archie, though you can just call me Archie. If my memory serves me and it always does, according to the crew roster you're Commander Hawkwood?"
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Kieth "Krent" Andrews was happily trying to get a shuttle pod's power system to initialize. Continually pressing the "on" button only produced a lot of smoke. When it began to smell like a fire in a wig factory with the faint hint of baked ham, Krent decided to was time to clean out the EPS Manifold...again.
He popped open the maintenance panel as one of his colleagues walks up.

"Hey Krent, when do you check your subspace messages?"

"Bah, there ain't nuthin interessin come to me no more." Krent says as he begins to pull charred tribbles out of the compartment.

"You were supposed to report to duty today on your new posting on the USS Ten Forward...-A."

"Well why din'cha say so! Golly, thay built another one? I wunder if Ol' Hazard is still commanding. I better git going then. Hey, kin I take the Caprica?"

"Yes, get that red monstrosity out of here, it was reported destroyed along with the original USS Ten Forward anyway."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

A familiar red shuttle craft is on approach to the new USS Ten Forward.

"This is Shuttle Caprica, requesting clearance to embark."

Without waiting for a reply Krent buzzes into the shuttle bay dodging the other craft and cargo containers loading supplies onto the ship, "Shorry, I'm in ahurry." He plops the shuttle down and skids a few feet into a crate marked "fragile", "'Fra-gee-lay', das French fur 'throw underhand' in'it?"

Working his way out of the shuttle bay ignoring the angry shouts of the deck workers, he finds his superior to report in, "Greetins pardner. ooh hold on fer one fangled second." He takes his com badge off and switches the Universal Translator from "hick" to "normal". "There, that is much better. Kieth Andrews Reporting for duty!"