Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krent View Post
Working his way out of the shuttle bay ignoring the angry shouts of the deck workers, he finds his superior to report in, "Greetins pardner. ooh hold on fer one fangled second." He takes his com badge off and switches the Universal Translator from "hick" to "normal". "There, that is much better. Kieth Andrews Reporting for duty!"
'Lt Andrews, your right on time' said Roman. 'I'm Ensign Roman, Ship Co-ordinator and Captain's Aide. Have you had a pleasent journey?'

*krent looks a little sheepish*
'You'll have come by shuttle I presume, so no doubt you'll have seen us unloading our new supplies? Right...'

*Roman presses a few buttons on his PADD*

'Ahh yes! You've been assigned qaurters on 'D' deck, section 7. Your first shift starts in about....18 hours, so allow me to give you a quick tour? *krent nods, eager not to admit to the shuttle incident in the shuttle bay*

'There's a compliment of 103 crew coming aboard to replace those who've transferred to other vessels....or....*Roman goes a little pale*....dead.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
The words and maniacal laughter flew out of his mouth before he could stop himself.

"Indeed I am! Bwahahahahahahaha hah...uh...oh. I mean, yes biologically I am."

There was something about the way Commander Hawkwood looked at him that at first he couldn't quite put a tentacle on. Then he figured it out. It was the direct opposite of the look most humans gave him. He found himself liking it. He lowered his voice and leaned in a bit.

"When I was just 2 years old I tried to play with one of the lab assistants and accidentally tore his head off."

He would have smiled as he said it, but then he realized how bad that sounded.

I felt terrible about it." he added quickly

. o O ( No you didn't Arch. Quiet YOU!)

"Uh anyway, I'm Dr. Archie, though you can just call me Archie. If my memory serves me and it always does, according to the crew roster you're Commander Hawkwood?"
This. Was. Wonderful. Such a perfect creature of death. And to be a doctor it obviously had to some glimmer of intelligence and the ability to finely manipulate tools. She would have to study this creature. Perhaps she could make more. Improve uon the design. Make them more...controllable...or at receptive to her will...

NO! Not yet. It was too soon. If she started crafting her army of abominations to CONQUER the GALAXY now the small minded fools that were the crew would see her as a mad scientist instead of the visionary she was.

"Of course it was...accidental," Lieutenant Commander Hawkwood said, "And I am Lieutenant Commander Hawkwood, but call me Beth. I am very much looking forward to working with you."

"By the way...out of scientific curiosity, how well does your kind react to vivisection?" Beth asked.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
This. Was. Wonderful. Such a perfect creature of death. And to be a doctor it obviously had to some glimmer of intelligence and the ability to finely manipulate tools. She would have to study this creature. Perhaps she could make more. Improve uon the design. Make them more...controllable...or at receptive to her will...

NO! Not yet. It was too soon. If she started crafting her army of abominations to CONQUER the GALAXY now the small minded fools that were the crew would see her as a mad scientist instead of the visionary she was.

"Of course it was...accidental," Lieutenant Commander Hawkwood said, "And I am Lieutenant Commander Hawkwood, but call me Beth. I am very much looking forward to working with you."

"By the way...out of scientific curiosity, how well does your kind react to vivisection?" Beth asked.
For a moment at the word vivisection Archie envisioned impaling Hawkwood with one of his tentacles and then tearing her in two. Then he decided to answer in a manner more appropriate to his post.

"As long as its post mortem I won't object. Just make sure its post mortem or I don't know what I might do to you."

"Oh and you might want to avoid standard medical tools as they can't cut through my exoskeleton. When my father wanted to give me an injection he used a laser drill just to bore a hole through, then he stuck in the needle. Also, my blood is a highly concentrated acid that will burn your face off if you're not careful. Other than that, once I'm dead this bods all yours baby."

The last comment struck Archie as odd. He'd never called anyone 'baby' before. He assumed he must be watching too many 20th century programs.

Using his front tentacle he took a sip of his drink and continued trying to look harmless.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Alejandro walked across the gantry, and onto the U.S.S. Ten Foward-A. As he entered the main area, his Commander pips shined in the light. If all went well, this would hopefully be Alejandro's last tour of duty before he himself was given command of a starship. He had already had his things transferred to his new quarters, and had recieved the bellboy's warning about how crazy the crew was already. So he'd set his stuff up later.

Alejandro had spent hours memorizing the ship schematics in case he ever wanted to sneak back to the nav. console during gamma shift. He took one of the three Jefferies tube routes he had planned, and found the Bridge to be... deserted. He dared not touch anything to power up the ship, or the main viewscreen. However, he did power up the navigational console, and brought up external cameras of the ship. She didn't look like much, but she still looked like she could handle some of Alejandro's manuvers. The last ship he tried an inverterd 480-degree turn on snapped in half. Fortunately, Alejandro's station was right next to an escape pod on that ship. Alejandro went over the ship's loadout. As soon as it came up, Alejandro gaped with amazement. The warp core was one of the most advanced an efficient in the fleet, and the engines weren't too shaby either. The sheilds were pretty standard, but the weapon loadout was quite a spectacle- plenty of phaser banks, which had less of a targeting arc, but packed quite a bit more punch than conventional phaser arrays, a few cannons, turrets, and 3 torpedo tubes.

Alejandro made a mental note to self that if- no no no, he WOULD survive this- WHEN he got back, and got the captain to reccomend him, to have the starfleet techs building his ship to put these kind of systems in.

Alejandro didn't feel like going to the mess, so he took his turbolift down one deck, where the quarters of the OIC's were, went to his room, set up his stuff (including a sizeable collection of pre-laser and phaser technology armaments- mostly swords), booted up his computer, and loaded some combat sims.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Toucan, recalling his excessive use of holographic interfaces in the past, patches into a small panel in his detention cell.

"Let's see... what programs are in the station computer? TRON, Cortana, Andromeda, .... AHA! This one looks good!"

He loads up the program EDIOH from a research database, giving it free reign over the starbase systems and all docked vessels.

"EDIOH! You have to help me get out of here! They've forgotten about meeeeee!!!!" <_____>
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Toucan, recalling his excessive use of holographic interfaces in the past, patches into a small panel in his detention cell.

"Let's see... what programs are in the station computer? TRON, Cortana, Andromeda, .... AHA! This one looks good!"

He loads up the program EDIOH from a research database, giving it free reign over the starbase systems and all docked vessels.

"EDIOH! You have to help me get out of here! They've forgotten about meeeeee!!!!" <_____>
Suddenly a voice speaks out near Toucan.

"I'm here"

It was Ensign Dan Glure Undieless. ECM (expendable crew member)

"Whats the problemo man? I can help ya. Hey, wanna smoke a bowl with me man? Like there's nothing to do here man."
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2011, 01:55 PM
*walks out of the Observation Lounge to notice the Nav console on*

What the hell?! Was someone up here? Oh well, all of the PADD's are layed out for our initial briefing once the Captain officially assembles the crew.

*turns off Nav console and enters the TurboLift*

Deck 3, Section 5.

*TurboLift doors open*

I think I lucked out with my quarters literally being the first door on the left from the TurboLift. Unpacking time!
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Alejandro had set his nav console to alert him if anything came up. He didn't expect much, either the Captain coming on, or a system glitch. What he DIDN'T expect was that A) Someone was already in a detention cell, or that B), the EDIOH was trying to open the door.

Fortunately, the Captain's combadge was working, as Alejandro got a clear answer when he called up the Captain.

"Sir? This is Alejandro, your Nav. officer. Computer is saying that the EDIOH is trying to open the cells in the detention block. I'll see if I can alert the crew."

Alejandro looked back to his computer screen to see that for some reason, the Naviconsole was turned off. Alejandro grumbled, grabbed his Phaser, and ran out the door... headlong into another crewman.

"OW!! Watch where you're going. Nevermind, just grab your phaser and follow me- there's a breach in the detention block."
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Core Power: 18%
Pathway integrity: Ok
Cycle Check: 36,000 THz
Emitter Status1: Ok
Emitter Status2: Ok
Emitter Status2: Ok
Emitter Status3: Ok
Emitter Status4: Ok
Emitter Status5: Ok
Emitter Mobile1: Offline
Location check: . . . .
longitude: 179° 56′ 39.4″
latitude: +0° 2′ 46.2″
distance: 25,900 light years
Emitter 1 Activated

*A small blue figure appears on a console as a turbo lift door glides shut*

Is there somewhere else you would rather be? *crickets*

Hello? Somebody have the bridge? *Com panel flickers showing a detention cell's occupant*

"EDIOH! You have to help me get out of here! They've forgotten about meeeeee!!!!" <_____> *The prisoner pleaded*

Oh hello Mr Jailbird,How exactly do you know my name? *covering up*
Hey get your fingers off my files!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2011, 02:41 PM
“WOW! Unpacking sucks!”
Computer: Incoming priority one message from StarFleet on a secure frequency, audio only. This communication will not be logged!
“Patch it through.”
Admiral: Are you all settle Commander?
“Getting there sir!”
Admiral: Very good!
“I have been very discrete about my presence so far sir. Can you give me a bit more information on my purpose here?”
Admiral: No! All you need to remember is that Article 14, Section 31 makes allowances for bending the Prime Directive during times of extraordinary threats. This is why your previous ship allowed to be assimilated by the Borg and why most of those officers were recovered. This is why you are assigned to this crew and why this crew in particular was brought together. You are the lone Section 31 operative on board but we may need to plant more as we continually reassess the threat at hand. Don't over do the discreteness either! You don't want to appear suspicious. StarFleet out!
“… … …”