Lt. Commander
# 1 Dead Boffs
02-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Just curious if I'm the only one that would like boffs to get killed and actually die? Like, maybe not all the time, but maybe a mission where one of your boffs actually dies and is gone forever? Straight up Tasha style. Could make for a dramatic episode thing. Or possibly create a 'real' mode where every time your boffs die they are actually dead and when YOU die (in a ground mission) your screen fades to black as you die but then you wake up with doctors working on you like part of a cut scene or something.

Just some food for thought to increase realism and immersion.

Agree, disagree, comments?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2011, 08:56 AM
if we had this i'd lose them all in B'tran.

Give us a 5th officer... Redshirt... his/her function is to die just before the chaos begins :O
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland

Give us a 5th officer... Redshirt... his/her function is to die just before the chaos begins :O
Just to prove how serious the situation is?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2011, 08:58 AM
yea , if this happened id be burying bo's everytime i played on expert.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
yea , if this happened id be burying bo's everytime i played on expert.
Well was just throwing ideas around. Specifically though I think it would be cool to have a mission that kills one of the boffs you beam down with and they're really gone. You have a ceremony for them once the mission is over, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I agree with the 5th redshirt idea. But yes. I don't want to lose any of mine. at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Absolutely no, never, under any circomstance!!!

The most i would be willing to accept is something like a critical injury that puts my BO out of comission for "X" Period of time or until one can get to a Starbase medical facility.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Absolutely no, never, under any circomstance!!!

The most i would be willing to accept is something like a critical injury that puts my BO out of comission for "X" Period of time or until one can get to a Starbase medical facility.
Lame. I want boffs to die.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland

You can always select "Security" as one or all of your away team members instead of your BOffs
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
You can always select "Security" as one or all of your away team members instead of your BOffs
but he has a family.... I have to think of "securitys" Children before I send him to his death. :O