Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Kinda looks like the International Space Station - on its side.
Meanwhile the real question should be, why does hort have such a powerful telescope?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2011, 11:47 AM
not to my knowledge.

i often see strange lights in the sky but i assume they are planes and im sure they are. i guess they could technically be a UFO but i dont personally believe aliens have visited us.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Ooook... so... UFO does NOT mean Alien space craft.

It merely means a flying object that you are unable to identify... As such it can be anything... A plane, a stone, a squirrel shot out of a cannon barrel... Or an alien spacecraft...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Meanwhile the real question should be, why does hort have such a powerful telescope?
Coincidently, I found Singles 2 on sale a couple weeks ago. :p I haven't gotten to it yet, though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ooook... so... UFO does NOT mean Alien space craft.

It merely means a flying object that you are unable to identify... As such it can be anything... A plane, a stone, a squirrel shot out of a cannon barrel... Or an alien spacecraft...
we know but i think the OP meant it in the context of aliens and not if we have ever seen a squirrel shot out of a cannon.

ive never seen that either.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I haven't! And honestly I think they're likely bullcrap.

However, last year I saw in the middle of the day a sudden streak in the sky that left plane-like streaks behind it but went far too fast and seemed to disintegrate. I'm guessing it was a meteor that died before it hit the ground. I looked on news sites and stuff but couldn't find anything at all mentioning it. I'd think it would be mentioned somewhere because it left quiet a mark and was very visible in the bright blue day and made it through a good amount of atmosphere.
You are most likely correct, it was probably a meteorite. They are actually very common, so common that they seldom make the news unless somebody gets a really good video of it. I doubt that a still shot, even a good still shot would be worthy of a news mention.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I've seen plenty of unidentified flying objects.

Were any of them alien space ships? Who the heck knows? Always fun to speculate though.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2011, 09:50 PM
I've seen plenty of things I can't identify, both in the air and on the ground.

I haven't necessarily seen alien spacecraft though, if that's what you're getting at.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
You are most likely correct, it was probably a meteorite. They are actually very common, so common that they seldom make the news unless somebody gets a really good video of it. I doubt that a still shot, even a good still shot would be worthy of a news mention.
Probably true. If that thing happened in the middle of the night it would have lit up the freakin' sky since it was so bright and low in the day time. Wish I had seen it then.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2011, 12:18 AM
I do believe I saw one once. It kind of freaked me out. I know someone else that thinks they saw one once. Honestly, I tend to believe they are some type of government test-craft. But who really knows?