Lt. Commander
# 521
02-24-2011, 05:13 AM
yes what new kinds of ground melee weapons are we going to get i personly want a folding katana or a combat knife (both would be nice ^^)

also many of the ground wepons have more then one skin depending on its rank and rareity are we gonna get the option to change ground weapon skins? for example i like the look of the low tier phaser pistols and i would like the option to put that skin on the high tier phaser pistol weapons which look kinda chunky

also in space combat many of us have noticed a very irriataing beeping noise when you have your video settings anywhere above the lowest setting some people have said its tac team or buffs expireing what what ever it is could we have an option to mute it rather then turning off the interface volume?

thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 522
02-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Well, I have some question:

Do you plan to add more sub systems to ships? Like WARP Core, WARP Nacelle, etc ... ?
Do you plan to add sub systems targetting for everyone (target the tractor beam, etc ...) and of course fix teams to repare them?
Do you plan to add ship crew management (how many people to fix the subsystems, how many as security, how many in hte med lab, etc ....) ?
Do you plan to add some console management (change the second best console position to another role, exemple, science to enginer or tactical) ?
Do you plan to add a "neutral" faction for player that want to play mercenaries, merchants, indempendant explorers, pirates ?
Do you plan to let the player have more possibilities with their BOs (change their sex and trait) or even make the creation of a BO most like the creation of the player character ?

Cheers

SD
Lt. Commander
# 523
02-24-2011, 05:15 AM
One thing that I feel is missing from STO that most other MMOs have is a real sense of growth - since missions generally level with you, you never really get a sense of how powerful you are compared to when you started. Every other MMO I play would allow this by just going back to starter areas.

When mission replay first got introduced, it finally gave you the ability to see how far you'd come by playing early missions with your ranked up ship, so you could see you really were far more powerful than you were all those hours ago. Unfortunately, this was taken away and they now scale.

So is there any plans to make missions playable at their original level (not scaling to your character)? I realise I'm probably alone in this request, but even having it as an option would be super awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 524 Ship Landing
02-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Good Day

I was wondering if and when I'll be able to land my ship or shuttle on a planet. And to also switch from Starship to shuttle with out having to be at a star base to change ships as a Shuttle would already be onboard the starship. Bonus would be to have docking / undocking shuttle from ship's shuttle bay.

Cheers

Captian_Clark
USS Nova Scotia
NCC-91867-A
Lt. Commander
# 525
02-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Same question as last month, hope you won't ignore it again:

Will there be any way to transfer "bound" equipment to characters on the same account? I hate throwing purple Mk VI or VIII equipment into the replicator after a week or so...
Lt. Commander
# 526
02-24-2011, 05:19 AM
When will you go to the next stage of functionality?

when will we be able to perform functions in our ships?

Will mining ever be introduced into the game? it seems ashame to let that go to waist a significant part of the trek universe.

When will the skills be changed to a more practical aspect of learning?

what is the progress of the reward system revamp?

Is it all possible to add breakway FX affects to ships? we see this all the time in star trek shows and movies

I am getting bored of the grind and weekly dailys. When can i finally start to explore really explore?

when can we start to establish colonies for our faction?
Lt. Commander
# 527
02-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Will there be a way to transfer Atari Tokens to friends?
Lt. Commander
# 528
02-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Will we ever get the ability to transfer "commisioned" bridge officers between characters?

What I would like to see is I log on as character A and decide that Fred, my long serving tactical officer, will be much better off on character B's ship. I [A] go into my ready room and prepare a staff transfer and then we see a shuttle craft leaving my ship with Fred onboard. The next time I log on as B I automatically get a quest which involves accepting Fred as a part of my crew - transfer complete. This could apply to transfers between my own characters as well as transfers to other players.

Of course just the plain and simple option of mailing commisioned officers would be OK too.

Edit: I have tried mailing a commisioned officer already but it doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 529
02-24-2011, 05:33 AM
1. Playing FED side, you get to do System patrols which got short and fun to play episodes during the whole leveling process. Anykind of plan on giving the KDF something similar ?

2. By the time I write this, we haven't played the 4th episode of Cloaked Intentions. Knowing we're getting Lirpas and Swords in a matter of days, when can the Nausicaans expect their dreaded swords and, above all, the famous Nausicaan Lance ?

3. Will it be possible, at some point, that, after you've created the "Shuttle bay" interiors with working "docking/launching" mechanics, your ship could "Cover you" or fight to protect you if an enemy shows up ?

4. In the same order of ideas, could it be possible to have your ship fight enemies while you're in an away team ? This way, once you complete your objectives, you beam back up and take the bridge "while in battle".

5. The Cloaked Intentions series have created, unsurprisingly, a hype for a playable Romulan Faction. With 2 episodes remaining, we already know the Tal Shiar serves the Iconians and no longer is loyal to the Empire. Hypotetically speaking. The Romulan Empire becomes playable tommorow... what's playable besides Romulans, Remans, Hirogens and "aliens" ?
Lt. Commander
Hi

Very pleased with the new look of epd and the current flow of updates making this game better and better each time i log in.
The one and only thing that bothers me is this once upon a time a fed flying a dreadnaught cruiser ( galaxy -X) was a a forced to be reconed with manly in PVP but also in general space combat now with the klingons and there shining new ships and the improvements made all over to ships in genral fed and KDF it is no longer the big boy on the street.

My question is it going to get an overhaul ( galaxy -X) to put it back up the top where it should be and when will this happen ...... me and many others have paid good money for it . ( if no improvement can be made can you bring out a retrofit of it with better boff seats and more fire power i will be the first to purchase it).

suggested improvements

More haul strength
slight increase in speed and manuveability ( not too much i understand its a big ship)
big improvement to special phaser attack- i want to hit something like the 'death star hits a planet' my boff heavy beam attack can do more damage and has a better attack arc...if this is a special attack lets make it special, something to make people want to avoid having a dreadnaught on there tail.

keep up the brillant work!!!!!!!!

Vice Admiral Badisok
Ambassador to the Federation
Jade Empire Fleet
Closed Thread