Lt. Commander
# 691
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM
I know the duty roster system has been asked about a lot and is creating a lot of buzz. It definitely seems cool. But I am curious, along with making bridge officers department heads, will we be able to give them other titles as well, i.e. helmsman or transporter chief?

Also, I know that many players are wanting to be able to customize their whole crew uniforms. I've heard rumors that it's in the works. Which is awesome. I am wondering if we will also be able to determine who sits where on the bridge, because at the moment, it seems sort of random. And will the duty officer system affect which BOffs are on the bridge? For instance, will my Chief Medical Officer be in sickbay?

Thanks for your time reading this and for a great game so far. I look forward to seeing how it improves and expands.
Lt. Commander
# 692 Ship Creation
02-24-2011, 01:43 PM
You said that using the foundry system to design ship interiors was a goal for the future. Do you have any plans to allow ship exterior design with the foundry system?
Lt. Commander
# 693 A few thoughts and Questions
02-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I first would like to say i love all of the improvents you guys have been making. But i have a few suggestion some of which i am sure have been brought up so hopefully you can make these suggestions work or give us your feedback on them.

First suggestion, please fix the bug with the "Cure" mission its fustrating to get to end then only to have it crash time after time.

Second, when will we see a schedule of the replay weekends so we can get the Breen BO or is he going to be available in another manner?

Third, I believe that when we buy or requistion a starship regardless of class it should automatically come with its orignal bridge layouts/scheme. We shouldn't have to buy the bridge layouts from the crytic store.

Fourth (Please !!!) Make it so starships have universal slots for bridge officers.
For example If i filled my starship's TAC BO position with a commander then all of his skilles would be available. If i fill that very same BO position with a LT then only his LT skills or lower would be available. Lets not have the pre determined BO positions set with ranks.

Fifth, When will we see ships crews uniforms match the officers? More uniformand clothing, hair styles for BO and characters.

Lastly, Can we get more functionality of the Captains Bridge office. I know we can do a few things in there but how about checking mail, writing log entries, access to BO records, viewing star charts of getting information about races etc.. from the main computer even mission descriptions just for starters etc...
Lt. Commander
# 694
02-24-2011, 01:45 PM
1. How much will the MVAM console cost?

2. Is the MVAM console the first of many "console refits"?

3. What are your feelings about the series special and permanent reward?

4. Would it be possible for the kdf and the federation to co-op to complete stfs? Sort of a treaty to get things done but they still hate each other (maybe a little more respect though).

5. I sense an economy annihilation/overhaul incoming....anything you can add to this? I am totally off the mark....or some truth here.

6. We were giving the race ships; 4 for the kdf and 1 for the feds with another fed race ship on the way (presumed andorian), will there be others?

7. Is there going to be additional things to buy with gpl?

8. Could the timer/consumed effects on gpl be removed? An upcharge to the price would be more then acceptable for this change. (More people will use this EC sink, could be a great change with great economy benifits.

9. Could there be events where the borg or undine are invading esd or Q'onos. All faction members get a message that they are coming so that fleet could organize a defense. Could be a weekly that awards everyone that participates with emblems or something else.

10. As the executive producer, what are you anticipating? In terms of feature(s) about to be released to the public (in testing before tribble). And...same question but as a gamer.... (understandable if you can't give away anything)
Lt. Commander
# 695
02-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timanater View Post
You said that using the foundry system to design ship interiors was a goal for the future. Do you have any plans to allow ship building with the foundry system?
are you ever going to allow the color of the lighting to be changed?
Lt. Commander
# 696
02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Many players have complained about EC deflation and some have asked for a money sink to combat it. I'm not sure this is really a problem since it's very Star Trek for resources to be nearly infinite; however, new things to buy are good. Along these lines, we could use additional things that can be bought with Latinum.

So as an EC money sink would you consider allowing players to purchase Latinum with EC and then adding more items purchasable for Latinum?

While I don't care about the whole not being able to replicate latinum thing, you could always have some ingenious Ferengi who has come up with a method, but it requires an incredible amount of replicator resources, or something.
Lt. Commander
# 697
02-24-2011, 01:50 PM
And still more questions...

Are there any plans to revisit the BO's obtained by achieving Ambassador?

As a VA, I've got better candidates going unused than what's available through Ambassador Jiro. It's just not enough to have a BO of another faction; shouldn't they be at least as "special" as an uncommon or rare BO? I've earned the right to claim one, but I have no real reason to bother.

As other factions are developed, will we see Ambassadors gaining access to BO's of those races as well?

We know that the KDF have Ambassadors, seeing as how one of them tries to kill us Feds. When will the KDF get an Ambassador-like option with similar perks (Transwarp destinations, Other-Faction BO's)?
Lt. Commander
# 698
02-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Are you going to improve how the ships handle in space? For example, when in a fight and somebody is way above you; you have to corkscrew all the way up just to get to them. Seeing as this is in space we should be able to just go vertical or have extra buttons to bring your ship up higher or lower just like what Kirk did to Khan in Star Trek II.
Lt. Commander
# 699
02-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Is there a possibility to get a holodeck or something on ESD/Quo'Nos where we can practice with weapons and powers, like a firing range?

Is it possible that we'll eventually be able to summon up a BoFF on ESD/Quo'Nos, for decoration (Like a pet)?
Lt. Commander
# 700 other factions
02-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Will we ever get some other factions? Being a Founder in ground combat would be cool.
Closed Thread