Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
maybe not in those instances you where in but Its been proven that it can be hacked to the point where the dstahl himself said he wants to nuke it. something is fishy in that zone.
Well... it's far from ideal. Also the types of people that go there... there are gankfests every day and klinks with feds taunting each other. The zone chat is much like old WoW Barrens chat - it's fun though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Kerrat is the only single player zone i know of that drops mk xii loot which is sad to say the most powerful equiptment on your starship weapons.

I love how people are really craft like crazy to get an item xxx + dmgx2 while a single mk xii green with the xxx is about as powerful if not more then the purple mk xi craftable item. Its not impossible to beat a farmer at his own game as well if you go in there as a team. It doesn't take skill to scan notes without getting agro however it does take skill to stay alive to kill 3 or 4 hulks after another. No farmer stays alive that long.

Besides you want to close it for farming ? Then best is you start closing all the Nebulas and Expanses whwere you can scan anormalies because they are pretty high on the market as well. Oh yeah and why you are at it you might want to find the exploit for the 8 hour skill bonuses as well, doubt they were intended to be 500k EC on the exchange when cryptic sells them for almost 800 cryptic points / atari tokens.

You can't get rid of farmers and i honestly don't see what you think they get you don't. The end loot for Kerrat if you are the winner of the round is mk x or mk xi blue which unless you get a torpedo launcher worth the while is pretty cheap crap since season 3 and the worthlessness of blue items.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Not exactly a postive hub if you ask me, the zone chat is always have some degree of things CSR would give infractions for.

But there are a few threads that suggest what Cryptic can do with the zone. Most agree just remove the Borg and just make it a plan ol Open PvP zone.
Honestly... I think it's just part of the nature of PvP. You put people in conflict, they will also express themselves verbally (or textually). Any concept of war zone - even one with territorial combat - will lead to such things.

The only thing that you can do is:
- Don't add to the noise.
- Report where people break the rules

Eventually, if people get more and more infractions and see their chatting or playing rights at risk, they will either stop, or soon be gone.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Indeed. But if you think about it, I wonder what was the logic in having interzonal chat in Kerrat anyhow?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
maybe not in those instances you where in but Its been proven that it can be hacked to the point where the dstahl himself said he wants to nuke it. something is fishy in that zone.
Something is fishy alright, its fishy that cryptic doesn't bother to fix it. How hard can it be to put more borg in there to position them in a way that you don't get a free scan without getting shot at. There would be no farming going on that much if there was indeed a challange. Farmers can't pvp or pve. Make Kerrat a challange and you won't see any farmers anymore they will move on to Btran where lots of them are lately.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Well i have a few ideas to eliminate farmers.

1.) Scanning part on a timer form when the first node is activated.
For best effect it requires that people actually work together to scan 8 quickly before time runs out.

2.) Stronger and Regenerating borg repair docks. Impossible for one or two persons to take down alone, requiring a team effort to not only destroy them but others to hold off Borg ships.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Well i have a few ideas to eliminate farmers.

1.) Scanning part on a timer form when the first node is activated.
For best effect it requires that people actually work together to scan 8 quickly before time runs out.

2.) Stronger and Regenerating borg repair docks. Impossible for one or two persons to take down alone, requiring a team effort to not only destroy them but others to hold off Borg ships.
Oh come on mate... I mean, people have problem pugging Infected and you'd do this to them? No... I think the concept of a zone where you simply grind powerful mobs with pvp enabled is just fine. In fact I'd cancel the mission altogether...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2011, 02:15 PM
NOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE don't take away our only open PvP map.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Could someone please explain to me why Ker'At is so bad? I never understood it. The only thing I ever focused on in that mission, the precious few times I played it, was not getting insta-killed by the Borg Cubes.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
Could someone please explain to me why Ker'At is so bad? I never understood it. The only thing I ever focused on in that mission, the precious few times I played it, was not getting insta-killed by the Borg Cubes.
The main problem is that Kerrat is/was abused by chinese goldfarmers, who use hacking programs to seriously screw the zone up. Teleporting, running thru walls and other bug exploits can make people frustrated. Luckily Cryptic managed to get rid of them mostly.
Also, it's a gankfest in there and several pve-oriented people find that offensive.