Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
They should really import the same idea as SWG had with the Kessel system:
Have a really huge, open pvp zone with two dreadnoughts/fleets from either faction that are incredibly hard to kill. Have them on a respawn timer when one is destroyed. People can get rewards like they do in fleet actions. If you come in and a bunch of Klinks are assaulting your fleet, fight them off or destroy theirs. This would be really fun...even have side objectives or something.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Well i have a few ideas to eliminate farmers.

1.) Scanning part on a timer form when the first node is activated.
For best effect it requires that people actually work together to scan 8 quickly before time runs out.

2.) Stronger and Regenerating borg repair docks. Impossible for one or two persons to take down alone, requiring a team effort to not only destroy them but others to hold off Borg ships.
You forget they dual-box, so they would still be on top of things.

The only way to get rid of them for sure is have rewards granted only for whose who participate in the War Zone Dailies. Borg NPCs loot tables are tweeked that they no longer drop anything good (I.E they drop consumables and repair parts).

And of course Cryptic should get on the ball in making Rare and Very Rare Craftables "bound on pickup" like they originally were. The Exchange is flooded with Very Rares right now, it's really contributing to the massive inflation of the server's economy.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You forget they dual-box, so they would still be on top of things.

The only way to get rid of them for sure is have rewards granted only for whose who participate in the War Zone Dailies. Borg NPCs loot tables are tweeked that they no longer drop anything good (I.E they drop consumables and repair parts).

And of course Cryptic should get on the ball in making Rare and Very Rare Craftables "bound on pickup" like they originally were. The Exchange is flooded with Very Rares right now, it's really contributing to the massive inflation of the server's economy.
Your first idea would ruin any zone, because most people would no longer come there for any good reason. Some people are drawn there for the loot, some people are drawn there to gank those who grind the mobs and some people are drawn there to hunt the gankers. By destroying the loot system, you also destroy the player system the zone has.

Your second idea is even worse, because it would actually damage the economy really badly. Imagine the situation like now, where everyone has a huge chunk of money. Then make some essential crafted items from boe to bop, so they become very rare on the exchange. Great recipe to make things like very rare weapons ridiculously expensive (as demand would far outweigh the supply). This would in turn force the people to grind up the crafting level, which in turn would make the crafting materials ridiculously expensive (even more than they are now).
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Your first idea would ruin any zone, because most people would no longer come there for any good reason. Some people are drawn there for the loot, some people are drawn there to gank those who grind the mobs and some people are drawn there to hunt the gankers. By destroying the loot system, you also destroy the player system the zone has.
I doubt that since the majority of people who go in Ker'rat or N'vak are doing mainly doing it because of the missions.

Quote:
Your second idea is even worse, because it would actually damage the economy really badly. Imagine the situation like now, where everyone has a huge chunk of money. Then make some essential crafted items from boe to bop, so they become very rare on the exchange. Great recipe to make things like very rare weapons ridiculously expensive (as demand would far outweigh the supply). This would in turn force the people to grind up the crafting level, which in turn would make the crafting materials ridiculously expensive (even more than they are now).
Not true, there is just too much supply and little demand. And VR items are already expensive in taking advantage of the economy of VAs leveling up new characters. But in the long run it's not going to solve the STO economical situation.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
I doubt that since the majority of people who go in Ker'rat or N'vak are doing mainly doing it because of the missions.

Not true, there is just too much supply and little demand. And VR items are already expensive in taking advantage of the economy of VAs leveling up new characters. But in the long run it's not going to solve the STO economical situation.
You misread. They dont do it because of the mission but because of the loot (which drops from mobs, getting the first and second place rewards is just a bonus). The rest goes there for pvp which is fun too.

"Too much supply" drives the prices DOWN, not up. *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
You misread. They dont do it because of the mission but because of the loot (which drops from mobs, getting the first and second place rewards is just a bonus). The rest goes there for pvp which is fun too.

"Too much supply" drives the prices DOWN, not up. *sigh*
True, but then factor in the inflation of currency. And there are penty of multi millionare VAs out there.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
True, but then factor in the inflation of currency. And there are penty of multi millionare VAs out there.
Actually I don't think the inflation is that terrible. The price of several items I check regularily (aegis, certain data samples) has not changed last few months. If anything, the price of Aegis set gets lower and lower.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
To all that can't stand the farmers.....anyone up for forming a joint KDF/FED task force to hunt them down?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
To all that can't stand the farmers.....anyone up for forming a joint KDF/FED task force to hunt them down?
I am not really into making such organized attempts (I lurk around Kerrat almost every day tho), but please, do tell me, how do you recognize a farmer? Because after many days I see several people being constantly on first places in Kerrat and I know all of them not to be Chinese...

There was one guy who was a farmer (he even whisped me some angry stuff in Chinese after I hunted him down a bit), I reported him twice and I think the banhammer stroke him hard, as I havent seen him around for ages already.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
I am not really into making such organized attempts (I lurk around Kerrat almost every day tho), but please, do tell me, how do you recognize a farmer? Because after many days I see several people being constantly on first places in Kerrat and I know all of them not to be Chinese...

There was one guy who was a farmer (he even whisped me some angry stuff in Chinese after I hunted him down a bit), I reported him twice and I think the banhammer stroke him hard, as I havent seen him around for ages already.
There is a glitch in the scoring system where they will have points way too high for what you could normally get in Ker'rat. That would be a hint.