Lt. Commander
# 31
02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
It's real easy to stop the farming in there. Make the loot rewards from the Ker'rat game bind to account. So if you win you can trade it to your characters if you want.

Or just remove the item rewards from the Ker'rat game and make it merit and skill point rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutty View Post
NOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE don't take away our only open PvP map.
Humphrey Bogart says, "We'll always have Ortha. Ker'rat isn't the only one."
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Honestly, since I spent there some time, I think some people are actually complaining because they don't know how it works. I should know, I was there too - I had no idea how come some other guy was always first while I tagged all the nodes. Must be haxx! Well... it wasnt hax, it was just him being cloaked next to that borg repair thingie waiting for others to tag the nodes, so he could easily kill 3 of those small cubes before others even got into position.
Thank you for saying this.

Try as I might, I could not find any place I was invulnerable to the reset. I wasn't trying to cheat, but just trying to see if there is any truth to what was being said. I'm 90% sure there isn't.... and if there were, I'd think many, many more people would be exploiting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian
Honestly, Just asking.

Those goldfarmers are still using those exploits, and honestly I don't know why CSR hasn't busted them. In fact, one in particular right this very second is purposely taking advantage of the reset, where he gets all the loot, while everyone else does his work.

Lame tactic if you ask me..
Again... just because your not winning doesn't mean:

1. It's Broke
2. They are cheating
3. Something needs to be nerfed

Maybe the lame tactics are the ones you've been using.... time to learn some... you know what.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
1. It's Broke
2. They are cheating

Maybe the lame tactics are the ones you've been using.... time to learn some... you know what.
I think you should research more.

You can exploit a bug in the instance, allowing you to get all the rewards and points without contributing to the objectives.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
They should really import the same idea as SWG had with the Kessel system:
Have a really huge, open pvp zone with two dreadnoughts/fleets from either faction that are incredibly hard to kill. Have them on a respawn timer when one is destroyed. People can get rewards like they do in fleet actions. If you come in and a bunch of Klinks are assaulting your fleet, fight them off or destroy theirs. This would be really fun...even have side objectives or something.
You just brought up a ton of good memories. I really miss the Pre-NGE SWG. Kessel was a ton of fun, especially when you had a multi-crew ship, like the YT-1300, or Y-wing. What a blast.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I think you should research more.

You can exploit a bug in the instance, allowing you to get all the rewards and points without contributing to the objectives.
I have, and I haven't been able to. Additionally, I haven't seen anyone doing this. So...
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
I have, and I haven't been able to. Additionally, I haven't seen anyone doing this. So...
I've seen proof of it and I have.

You'll have to accept my anecdotal evidence until the issue gets tracked down. I suspect it's an exploit related to PvP matching (i.e. FvF or KvK) which alters your state and allows you to be "friendly" to borg, allowing you to complete all the objectives quickly.

However, Ker'rat should get nuked for reasons besides farming: i.e. unresolveable Borg-trapped-in-level-geometry.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Again... just because your not winning doesn't mean:

1. It's Broke
2. They are cheating
We all know they exploit. Heck, in that same thread Dan Stahl said Defcon 1, I provided a screenshot of one of the goldfarmers with a 140+ score. So if that's not exploiting, then I don't know what is.

And damaging the Hulks to prevent people from scoring can be also regarded as an exploit.

Quote:
I don't appricate the slander. I never have used an exploit at any time in War Zone.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Ker'rat is a PvP que waiting room for many people. I understand the issues people have with the bugs (which can be delt with/avoided,) but the open space PvP is what makes it a draw to many players. Only "nuke" if/when a viable alternate open PvP zone is available...

...and I think it would need a clear warning for Feds in the mission dialogue so they understand it's an open PvP zone. That way when someone says "why are you attacking me you #@cker?" or "Leave me alone - I'm just heer 2 do my daaay-leeez," Klinks side players can simply ask them "did you read the mission info?"

Lt. Commander
# 40
02-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Ker'rat is a PvP que waiting room for many people. I understand the issues people have with the bugs (which can be delt with/avoided,) but the open space PvP is what makes it a draw to many players. Only "nuke" if/when a viable alternate open PvP zone is available...

...and I think it would need a clear warning for Feds in the mission dialogue so they understand it's an open PvP zone. That way when someone says "why are you attacking me you #@cker?" or "Leave me alone - I'm just heer 2 do my daaay-leeez," Klinks side players can simply ask them "did you read the mission info?"

Although you can PvP in there, the objectives clearly don't mention attacking other players. (I don't do the mission usually, I like to test builds near the far moon in the instance and hunt down KDF players. )