Lt. Commander
# 61
02-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radjezz View Post
Well you are saying it is a game, it should be fun.

For a pure PVE player its totally not funny to skip emblems due to gankers. And that is the problem. You want it to be fun but also those others. And this is an MMO and everyone should have fun.

That's why Kerrat needs to be changed. That's why there should be a real open world PvP zone where someone who does not like PvP should not have to venture in for PvE content.

I would totally sign for a real PvP zone where there is some real fighting instead of waiting till a poor PvEr comes in and gank him.
That's what Ker'rat is a open PVP zone. Where if people don't want to PVP they don't venture in.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Well you are saying it is a game, it should be fun.

For a pure PVE player its totally not funny to skip emblems due to gankers. And that is the problem. You want it to be fun but also those others. And this is an MMO and everyone should have fun.

That's why Kerrat needs to be changed. That's why there should be a real open world PvP zone where someone who does not like PvP should not have to venture in for PvE content.

I would totally sign for a real PvP zone where there is some real fighting instead of waiting till a poor PvPr comes in and gank him.
*sigh* I'll try to explain even more: for a ganker (and that does NOT equal PVP plaer) it's not fun to duel 1v1 someone, you can do that anywhere. The fun is to assault an unsuspecting victim and get away with it, possibly making the person angry in the process. That's ganking. That's why Stranglethorn Vale in WoW used to be loaded with lvl 60 players killing lvl 30 players with one hit.
This in turn attracted other high-level players (in our case regular PvP players) who protected the lowbies (in our case PvE players). By making PVP "flaggable", you destroy this aspect of the game.

I am a ganker. That's why I got a Defiant retrofit - because I enjoy attacking unsuspecting Klingons and getting away with it (not that it's common, as most klinks in Kerrat are PVP-specced pro's), and I enjoy protecting some of our Fed guys by drawing attention to myself. Why should I be deprived of this fun? Just because you want 3 extra emblems and free loot once per blue moon?
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-24-2011, 05:11 AM
As someone who's new to MMOs, I found Ker'rat to be a good introduction to PvP. It was only about the 4th or 5th mission I did in the game and didn't have a clue what to expect.

When 2 BoPs decloaked and blew me to pieces in about 5 seconds I was like, Huh? I was blowing up Borg spheres with ease, but can't hold out against 2 BoP?

Anyway, I liked the experience, but there should have been some kind of tutorial or explaination for what I was getting into.

My main problem with the Ker'rat system is that it has Borg in it. They're way too far from Borg space and far too close to Federation and Klingon space.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Why are u sighing? So u want fun because the game needs to be fun on the cost of others that want fun?

If u still don't understand it after the last posts then i really do not know it. But i am glad that the whole cryptic team and most of the playerbase understands it.

U can still gank other gankers when there is completely no need for a PVEr to go there but it really looks like u just like to gank PVErs instead of PVPrs
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-24-2011, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Why are u sighing? So u want fun because the game needs to be fun on the cost of others that want fun?

If u still don't understand it after the last posts then i really do not know it. But i am glad that the whole cryptic teams and most of the playerbase understands it.

If all those PVErs choose not to go to Kerrat u dont have anyone to gank.
Well the thing is I can have my ganking fun "only" in Kerrat while you can have fun everywhere else. Stay out of Kerrat then, it's not for the faint of heart
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-24-2011, 05:19 AM
I think it's safe to assume that not every new player is particularly happy about getting ganked (I'm assuming that means killed) by high level players.

You can't have people getting turned away from the game at such an early stage because of this. Like I said if there were a tutorial that explained to us this could happen...

I hope they put something else similar in the game for players like Farsight, but it should either be encountered later by the player or it should be properly explained to them.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-24-2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igard81 View Post
I think it's safe to assume that not every new player is particularly happy about getting ganked (I'm assuming that means killed) by high level players.

You can't have people getting turned away from the game at such an early stage because of this. Like I said if there were a tutorial that explained to us this could happen...

I hope they put something else similar in the game for players like Farsight, but it should either be encountered later by the player or it should be properly explained to them.
I am not quite sure since when is Kerrat accessible, I went there when I was VA already. But maybe you are right, there should be a higher level threshold.
Also, there is a description that clearly states it's a Warzone. I am pretty sure most people know that - but for the lowbies, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to add a warning the first time you enter it.

Also, the level we discuss is a VA level, only maximum level playrs are allowed in there. Ganking here doesn't mean getting attacked by high level players, more like pvp players engaging pve players freely.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igard81 View Post

Ker'rat is the only place for players to open PVP and the PVE players want to take it from them. Because it offers a couple of emblems from a daily quest.

They don't seem to understand that the emblems require you to take part in a open PVP zone to get them. If you don't want to open PVP you don't go in Ker'rat. If you don't want to PVP you don't take the PVP daily it's your choice.
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Oh.... I see. That's where the rabbit hole goes. "We want free stuff without any danger". Why should anyone have the same stuff as those who grind it in danger of being ganked? More danger, better loot. That sounds fair, doesn't it? Besides, you can always buy it off the Exchange...
Did you miss the part about being PvP enabled boosting the droprate, guaranteed drops for player kills and damage bonus for being PvP enabled..

You can do it all without being enabled for PvP, but you have a lower chance of good drops (naturally the increase should be substantial.. F.ex: Being PvP enabled increases the rarity of all drops by one tier.. Common becomes uncommon, uncommon becomes rare etc.
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Did you miss the part about being PvP enabled boosting the droprate, guaranteed drops for player kills and damage bonus for being PvP enabled..

You can do it all without being enabled for PvP, but you have a lower chance of good drops (naturally the increase should be substantial.. F.ex: Being PvP enabled increases the rarity of all drops by one tier.. Common becomes uncommon, uncommon becomes rare etc.
I didn't. I just think most people would choose the easy way. What I'd prefer is a zone "you're in, you're fair game" - not "Okay, wonderful... let's line up for a shot... that's it... oh crap this guy is pvp disabled... oh well let's look for someone else...". I'd agree with your idea, IF the zones with pvp enabled and disabled were separate.