Lt. Commander
# 71
02-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
As far as Kerrat and KDF content in general, the big update is coming with the launch of Season 4.
Just for clarity's sake, do you actually mean with the LAUNCH of Season 4, or DURING Season 4(as in, sometime between 4 and 5, which could be several months after it actually launches)? I know you said launch, I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
The thing I really hate about this zone I mean /really/ hate is you respawn on top of same spot all the time and the opposing side can just camp the respawn point. But what I really really hate is the stupid borg who get stuck on the geometry and can shoot you, but you can't shoot back. Basically that's why I don't go there anymore. I just got too frustrated with a bug that has been around for eons.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivrin
The thing I really hate about this zone I mean /really/ hate is you respawn on top of same spot all the time and the opposing side can just camp the respawn point. But what I really really hate is the stupid borg who get stuck on the geometry and can shoot you, but you can't shoot back. Basically that's why I don't go there anymore. I just got too frustrated with a bug that has been around for eons.
The Thing I LOVE about this zone is how everyone respawns the same point at reset. The Klingons always try to run and hide so they can gang up on you 4 v 1 later, because they are sooo honorable.

But I actually do love the free for all after the reset.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Personally I hate PVP, but, I did like going into Ker'rat to get loot, with the risk of being ganked by other players. It was, fun to occasionally post up an "oh really?" in zone chat, and proceed to destroy said attempted ganker.

Granted I went into that zone for the first time in Mission form at a low level, not knowing what to expect, and left shaking my head the first couple attempts.

The thing with gankers, don't give them attention. If they gank you, quietly respawn and go about your business. They will target someone more "vocal" every time. That is why most are doing it, to grief people. If you show no emotion (Vulcan), they will keep searching for someone with an inner Klingon or Andorian .
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Well you are saying it is a game, it should be fun.

For a pure PVE player its totally not funny to skip emblems due to gankers. And that is the problem. You want it to be fun but also those others. And this is an MMO and everyone should have fun.

That's why Kerrat needs to be changed. That's why there should be a real open world PvP zone where someone who does not like PvP should not have to venture in for PvE content.

I would totally sign for a real PvP zone where there is some real fighting instead of waiting till a poor PvEr comes in and gank him.
Just get it out of your head that it's a PvE Zone. It just is not. Ker'Rat is a War Zone with Open PvP. Any type of "real open world PvP zone" would be similar. You choose to expose yourself to it, or you don't.

There are rewards in that zone. Just like there are rewards for doing Capture & Holds and Arenas. If you want those rewards, that's great, but don't complain that there's PvP there. I don't complain that I have to do PvE to get Emblems for Exploration or Fleet Actions. I just don't do them, usually.
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-01-2011, 01:48 AM
Change all fleet actions to include +4 enemies. This way we get more MK XII loot and it will bring down both the value and reason for farming.
Lt. Commander
Take away the emblems and the pure pve'ers wont go there anymore. Give them a pve mission that has an equal chance of mk xii loot and problem is solved. Or make two versions of the quest, one in a pure pve Kerrat where the only competition is who can do the pve objectives first.

Ganking is an anti-social way to game, and should not be encouraged or given an easy outlet. It drives away players from the game and eliminating it altogether would lose us far fewer anti-social people than we lose from said players upsetting newbies. Good game design doesn't encourage such griefing tactics. Spawn camping is a prime example of the kind of pvp we don't want. I know there's one player who would be very upset by this concept and this post. I already had him on ignore because I don't need that type of person in my life or in my game. Taking pleasure at the displeasure of others is not an example of good character. It's not a person this game needs frankly. Designing these people out of the picture will only improve the quality of the community, and therefore the quantity of the community in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 78
03-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
Ganking is an anti-social way to game, and should not be encouraged or given an easy outlet. It drives away players from the game and eliminating it altogether would lose us far fewer anti-social people than we lose from said players upsetting newbies. Good game design doesn't encourage such griefing tactics. Spawn camping is a prime example of the kind of pvp we don't want. I know there's one player who would be very upset by this concept and this post. I already had him on ignore because I don't need that type of person in my life or in my game. Taking pleasure at the displeasure of others is not an example of good character. It's not a person this game needs frankly. Designing these people out of the picture will only improve the quality of the community, and therefore the quantity of the community in the end.
Oh man, now I feel bad. But seriously, come on - I don't think that anyone has the right for such judgements. Don't like it? Don't go there. I for one just love to rip unprepared pve'rs to pieces
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Don't like it? Don't go there. I for one just love to rip unprepared pve'rs to pieces
Take a moment to actually think about what you just said. If people stop going there, then you wont have anybody to gank, will you?
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Take a moment to actually think about what you just said. If people stop going there, then you wont have anybody to gank, will you?
True, but they'd miss all those nice and expensive XII's. So what I am really asking is "If the ganking bothers you that much - don't risk it, but you'll miss out the rewards. If you go there and you get ganked - why complain, you knew the risks of an open pvp zone".