Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Robenbery said that "v'ger probably met wet the borg" and since then, it is canon.
Roddenberry's words are not canon; Only what we see on the TV and movie screen that is Star Trek is canon, so please stop spreading falsehoods and misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
How do you know it didn't?
My point is if Cryptic wants to bring Vger back, they can decide how to do it. If they want to recreate the Vger ship, they can come up with a good explanation as to why it's still a ship and not something else and that should be fine for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
If they want to recreate the Vger ship, they can come up with a good explanation as to why it's still a ship and not something else and that should be fine for everyone.
Or they could make him human sized
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Well, the one problem I have with OP's idea is that "soft canon" has V'ger being one of the initial Borg, so it might make more sense to follow a storyline going that way.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2011, 10:22 AM
The V'Ger/Decker/(Ilia) being transcended this universe and moved on to another dimension. Sorry, one way ticket with no return trip available. Perhaps it is possible to follow. Try merging with your vacuum cleaner, or perhaps a toaster oven.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
This is currently my favorite thread for obvious reasons

I APPROVE!!

BRING BACK V'GER!!!

THE VAULT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
dstahl has offically name me the winner.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
The V'Ger/Decker/(Ilia) being transcended this universe and moved on to another dimension. Sorry, one way ticket with no return trip available. Perhaps it is possible to follow. Try merging with your vacuum cleaner, or perhaps a toaster oven.
V'Ger the ship was destroyed when that happened wasn't it. Who knows, there may be a bigger version out there somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Now seriously, dstahl, is there anyway that this can be done? Or are there plans already? hint hint, nudge nudge
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirk131 View Post
Now seriously, dstahl, is there anyway that this can be done? Or are there plans already? hint hint, nudge nudge
This isn't the first time it has been mentioned where a cryptic employee has mentioned or responded specifically something about V'Ger in the positive light.

Ergo, i can surmise that it is 'in the pipe' or someone wants it 'in the pipe'. Either way at one point it will be 'in the pipe'.
But this time the feds go in first.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I am completely shocked that Dan responded to a V'ger thread. I would very much like to see a follow on episode to what happened at the end TMP. With that said does that mean we can ignore the idea of V'ger=progenitor of the Borg(which I would say is canon since First Contact had the Borg trying to contact the 22nd century Borg) What would happen if V'ger encounter the Borg or the Undine, or even Klingons who probably still consider it an enemy for the destruction of a Klingon battle group?