Lt. Commander
# 41
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
To beat the dead horse...

Rear Admiral Lower Half should be Commodore.

/discssion.
Nope. I'd rather have dstahl's idea.

Commodore has never been a vertical rank. Not evCaptain gets the title Commodore: most go from Captain to RALH.

Commodore is a Captain filling a post where he/she commands multiple ships (and that's the only thing distinguishing it from a glorified captain) and earns the honorifics. It'd be pants-on-head crazy to have a title that only exists due to leading multiple ships be a non-ship leading position.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
they could give the commodore title out as a bonus for reaching Fleet Admiral it's the most logical way to give the title out given that your leading ships
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
sorry to rain on the dance party - but it looks like we've reserved commodore for a future feature related to Fleets and Starbases. :\ so it is coming - just not as soon as this thread suggested.
And ya know what? That's an answer that I can live with. The dead horse is actually quite alive. Thank you very much. As it's the first confirmation to player's that Commodore will come with a future feature of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
looking into this. depends on if commodore is already reserved for something else, but if not there is a possibility.
Everybody knows you hit Commodore at level 64.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It would be pretty nifty to have some kind of TOS title tossed in if Commodore is being saved.

Fleet Captain and Commodore were both TOS-only ranks that would make for a nice title.

One other thought would be a set of themed TOS titles:
Commodore
Fleet Captain
Technician
Yeoman
Midshipman

All were titles exclusive to TOS and the TOS-era films and were retired by TNG. I'm just tossing them all out if Commodore is taken.

"Old Country Doctor" has been a title I've wanted to see but it probably works better as an accolade title.

And if you wanted to make people scratch their heads, you could throw in "Captain Dunsel". A dunsel is 23rd century slang for a useless ship part and Kirk was called "Captain Dunsel" in "The Ultimate Computer" as an insult to imply he was obsolete.

I think one would be awesome. Just throwing some options out.
Don't forget 'Chief" for those non-com RP characters out there.

Oh and while we are on this topic, can we do something about the ranks NPCs refer to you as? Its a bit immersion breaking to have NPCs say, "Hello, Rear Admiral (Lower Half)."

In cases like this, just 'Rear Admiral' would be great! Or even better, have them use the rank we pick with your character bio's - my main character is a Captain (and has refused promotion several times), but the NPCs in game keep calling me 'Rear Admiral (Upper Half)'

Thanks!

- Z
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapgun View Post
Or even better, have them use the rank we pick with your character bio's - my main character is a Captain (and has refused promotion several times), but the NPCs in game keep calling me 'Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Please, please do this Cryptic, oh and also if it's not too much trouble can you make so we can let some of our BO's use the titles we've earned as well as well.