Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Could be worse. The Persona fanbase is strange and smells like cheese.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
As you move the stuff closer to your mouth, your stomach realizes what you are trying to do and rebels.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
I've always generally got that feeling as well. I've been playing EVE for a few days now, and I've been spending much of my time hiding from pirates who are currently having a competition (complete with prizes) for whoever can kill the most noob players.

The Star Wars/Star Trek thing is fascinating to me, though. If they are more serious, I wonder why that's the case. There must be some fundamental difference between the player bodies!

*Sits in "Thinker" pose for hours*
Nerve wrecking I am sure. Wait until you are go through a worm hole into 0.0 space knowing at any time the hole can be lost or move stranding you. All the while anywhere in the system there are pirates hunting you from long range with the help of sensor drones.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Have trouble getting dates? lol

@Bored

Yeah that's extremely evident. The game vexes me to no end. It requires the endless training of skills to even get the means to earn the money to acquire a ship actually battle-worthy-then you have to equip it!

On a larger note, the fact that people embrace the ideas of the game they play is simply fantastic to me. The fact that CoD inspires an atmosphere intent upon winning by any means, StarCraft's intense emphasis on strategy and leadership, and the subsequent and almost military-like quality of not tolerating the use of poor tactics and strategies, and so on.

I've been trying to analyze Halo for some time now. Unlike Call of Duty there's an actual legitimate plot behind it, one legitimate enough that it actually makes you care about the characters. Yet there's also the multiplayer and forge aspects as well. You seem to get a little of everything with the people in that game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I tend to ignore Halo for several reasons - one being that mainly, I don't own an XBOX and the majority of my Halo-ing was done in high school when the dorm lounge only had two things on it at any given time - BET or Halo.

For the most part however, the encounters I've heard of on Halo multi range from bumping into TV actors (friend of mine actually apparently bumped into the guy who plays Shawn Spencer from Psych while in a game of Halo several years back) to just downright annoying (IE, some annoying kid whose voice sounds like Yugi pre-transformation, if you catch my drift, going "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" obnoxiously loud over the microphones).

Starcraft on the other hand, is kind of like a Gamer's version of War College run by Gamers. If you do well, people like you. If you screw up, you'll have a very good chance somebody will laugh, point and call you nublet for the rest of your career until you get better, or you'll find somebody to help you get better.

Online gaming - interesting, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Have trouble getting dates? lol
Stereotype joke.

The Persona franchise sells very, very well in Japan and the USA and attracts a wide variety of players. Even among US gaming magazines and editors, the games score in the top picks even when considered against other, more mainstream titles like God of War and Mass Effect. It's a sort of 'if you play it, you will love it' kind of game, the trick being getting people to play it because it is a JRPG.

The game also has achieved a very high pop culture status in Japan, being mentioned in the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 for example.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
StarCraft couldn't really be any other way, truly. In anything but a one on one game it is very rare that you can pull a team by yourself. If your allies play terribly, you're going to lose. I've seen countless games where you can tell that one person was playing brilliantly alongside a team of pure incompetence.

Halo's a tricky one. You never know what you're going to get. Then again, I'd take Halo any day over anything in the Call of Duty franchise. Nothing like a barrage of expletives coming from the mouth of a ten year old to brighten your work-week.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
CoD really depends on the platform and whether or not if you have a group of people to play with that aren't ******s.

DOLPHIN DIVE!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
StarCraft couldn't really be any other way, truly. In anything but a one on one game it is very rare that you can pull a team by yourself. If your allies play terribly, you're going to lose. I've seen countless games where you can tell that one person was playing brilliantly alongside a team of pure incompetence.

Halo's a tricky one. You never know what you're going to get. Then again, I'd take Halo any day over anything in the Call of Duty franchise. Nothing like a barrage of expletives coming from the mouth of a ten year old to brighten your work-week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredZero View Post
CoD really depends on the platform and whether or not if you have a group of people to play with that aren't ******s.

DOLPHIN DIVE!
See that is why I don't use voice-chat and don't like PUGs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2011, 12:17 PM
You found good people in CoD? Is there a particular bunker they hide in? lol