Lt. Commander
# 1 In Search Of Casual Fleet
02-20-2011, 10:01 AM
I have been with STO since launch, Lifetime subscriber. I bought in hoping for greatness. I have even spoke with folks about STO when I went to the convention in Vegas years ago (Still have my STO shirts). At launch this game was terrible, a shell of what it was promised, and what Trek could be. In recent weeks I've rekindled my care for the game and it has come a LONG way since launch.

I'm a computer nerd @ a Small Residential College in Iowa. My job requres odd hours of work often. I have a new house that is a blessing and a nightmare, and a 2 year old Son that takes after his father and believes you can sleep when you're dead. I'm looking for a Fleet, mostly for PvE, that accepts casual players who may not show for longs periods of time because RL happens (a LOT in my case).

I'm a mature player, 28 years of age, well educated, freindly, and willing to help for love of the game not for want of loot or progression.

Now that I've jumped back into the game I mostly solo these days but would be happy to group or help with Fleet events when I can. As a lifetime fan of Star Trek (as a young child in rural WI with only an antenna, my sole entertainment at night was Star Trek on KCRG after 10PM) I would be happy to Role Play.

I'm not normally a voice chat person but I have a decent headset should the need arise.

Just looking for freindly, mature, possibly family oriented (My hope is my son will love Trek as I do) people to play with.

I am not lookign for Fleets with strict requriements on play. I'm a lifelong gamer, and RL comes first always. Sometimes I don't get down here for days or weeks at a time. I simply cant associate a high value on games over my home and family even as I have a lifelong love of games and trek. Also not looking for manditory voice chat, though as I said happy to plug in my headset if need be (but I tend to throw something on Netflix on my laptop while I'm playing STO)

You can check my join date if ye doubt me (Join Date: 08-09-2008)

Thanks for reading this post and please PM me here, or send me something in game. I am willing to meet with you in game to learn more about your fleet and to discuss the opportunity of joining.

Thanks,

-Rakden Thanglot-
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey there,

We're not a strict fleet by any means, we're a group of laid back people who cater to both the serious hardcore gamer and the casual one. We also have a website with resources for our members you can check out at http://www.starfleetelite.org You can check out our fleet rules, what we offer, and how to join at the website. Take care!

-Tony
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Hello

3rd Fleet is an international Fleet with International Players, we understand that Real life has priority and we respect that.

More Info : http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3373736
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twebster1977
Hey there,

We're not a strict fleet by any means, we're a group of laid back people who cater to both the serious hardcore gamer and the casual one. We also have a website with resources for our members you can check out at http://www.starfleetelite.org You can check out our fleet rules, what we offer, and how to join at the website. Take care!

-Tony
Tony please PM me in game on on these Forumso (Rakden Thanglot).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-20-2011, 01:22 PM
PM/Mail sent.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2011, 01:44 AM
We are recruiting for Expendables.....

Have formed a fleet that doesn't have a bunch of silly rules or a bunch of useless ranks or divisions or acadimies within the fleet.
One that will let you play how you want ,when you want,and can fill roles within the fleet. (Ambassador,Officer,leader or just member,you can decide. Everyone has a voice within the fleet,not one person calling all the shots or a dictator.
One that is active and mature. That focuses on fellowship and regular STF's,PvE,PvP, helpfull to other players. Basiclly the best of all the other fleets without all the mess.
oh,and mistakes are allowed. All ages,level of expierence welcome

http://expd.guildlaunch.com
Lt. Commander
Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great and growing fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but thatís part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA) and England but we do have members scattered across the globe.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RLtoo. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please donít hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I just wanted to take the time to let you know about Shadow Dragon Fleet. We offer 110% percent support to our members; We have a fully functioning website (www.shadowdragonfleet.webs.com) and a ventrilo server and we are an in game fleet with active members and a fleet bank and our own fleet channel in game. We buy are players any equipment they need and we have crafters that can craft anything, we offer training to all of our members (our academy is run by experienced gamers who have MMO experience and have real life tactical experience and also role play experience) We are casual, knowledgeable, dedicated, very friendly, willing to lend a hand and assist the player in any way possible and we have skilled players that participate in pve and pvp. Shadow Dragon Fleet is also allied with other powerful fleets. opportunities are given to those who work hard. We also have higher positions available so there is plenty of room for advancement, and we cover all aspects of the game.

If you have any questions about the fleet feel free to send me a message here, or you can contact me through our site.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Fleet 01
02-21-2011, 09:21 AM
We are a no pressure casual fleet. We have a lot of members willing to help and weekly events. Our website is MySTOFleet.webs.com. Please PM me if you are interested, Lund@Admiral_John.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Check out the 528th Fleet!
02-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey Rakden!

There has never been a better time to join the 528th!
On top of joining a mature stable community, here's some of what you can expect:

* A classy, active and well maintained Fleet Website.
* Some of the most knowledgeable players in STO who are willing to help!
* Free access to our VOIP server
* Special fleet events with some amazing dynamics!
* A Fleet forum full of information about the game!
* A system of promotion based on Merit, Veterancy and Activity
* Dedicated people serving as officers to assist the community and you
* A gaming community BEYOND STO. We play a bevy of other non-MMO games together
* Contests, STF's, PVP, and so much more!!

Apply on the 528th Website or contact us in-game to be interviewed!

See you around!