Lt. Commander
# 1 Ten Forward Writer's Thread!
02-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Since I know there are others out there (Especially you Raven, I read your stuff), I figured we writers could probably do with our own thread.

Given that we all love Star Trek and the enormous RPG threads (among other things), perhaps we should band together and work on a project involving Star Trek in some way.

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredZero View Post
Since I know there are others out there (Especially you Raven, I read your stuff), I figured we writers could probably do with our own thread.

Given that we all love Star Trek and the enormous RPG threads (among other things), perhaps we should band together and work on a project involving Star Trek in some way.

What do you think?
Interesting concept for a thread. I've had an FF.net account I've been thinking of putting to good use sometimes, seeing as I've got extended weekends soon. As for the Star Trek idea, you might want to think of doing it somewhere else other than this forum. For some reason ST stories and RP's TANK in STO lol.

Or perhaps that was just because of Dawson? :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
We'll see about the tanking bit - the new USS Ten Forward thread seems to be doing well. (It's my novelization that hasn't).

Still, let's not do it for the stats, let's do it for the sake of writing!

Besides, who knows? Maybe we'll write something that Cryptic or CBS might want to use.

ALthough...given the EULA, that might not work as well as I would hope. Who knows?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
The post count isn't what I mean, it's the fact that they tend to just fall apart story wise. It's rather sad, seeing as this is a Star Trek forum, you'd think the ST RP's would be the strongest.

It would be nice to see some story ideas of theirs inspired by our RP's. I wonder if they ever read them, even. Who knows, perhaps they're taking bets on who's going to die next in our respective threads lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Still - it'd be nice to find some who take interest in the same thing. I know they exist out there!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I would be interested.

My stories are rather light hearted, featuring some unlikely scenarios like a fist-fight with a giant mouse.

But they are also an interesting evolution of Star Trek. A large part of the cast is aliens. And many of the humans in the series are from planets besides Earth.

The Captain is from the colony New Essex. The Chief Engineer is from Alpha Centauri (but has never been to Federation Hall, the place where the Federation was formed).

And even the aliens themselves are often from colony planets. The second officer is a Romulan from a colony planet. Likewise for the security officer. Smaller Federation members are also present. One of the enlisted personal is from Gideon for example.

It represents an evolving Star Trek. A newer generation if you will.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Sounds a lot like the stuff we had planned for most of our Star Trek stories.

Like the reason my char's bio includes such a ridiculous notion with four Orion cadets and the partially mentioned Kobayashi Maru incident which requires three admirals with gamma-level clearance to view.

Should be fun doing a collab.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
I like to write, but I've never actually gotten my Trek-based stories in ink and on paper fully.

My Fed Tac officer's Bio is basically the extent of how much I get writtern at one time, mostly cause of the biography limit we have. The biography I wrote for Walt is about half written because of that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2011, 05:43 AM
...why do I have for some reason, an image of Power Rangers in Star Trek....
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2011, 12:56 AM
I can write good, so I'll help if you want.

< once wrote a 12 page "short story" that was supposed to be 2 pages, and could've been a hell of a lot longer.