Lt. Commander
I was listening to an interview with Goz and he mentioned about remastered episodes and it got me thinking.

Which individual eps would you most like to see remastered?

Would you like them to remaster some of the not so good eps to make them better, or would you rather them make the good ones great?

Would you like to see some of the breen or devidian eps remastered or should they be left alone for the time being as they are still new?

Should patrols or dailies even get some love or be left as they are? What about the diplomatic mission like the K7 one or the one on Vulcan?

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm fine with there current strategy of remastering early episodes first so new players like the game more. I hope they'll give full voice to all the diplomacy missions, since they are nothing but text right now and it can be quite boring reading all that text. Also, I'd eventually like to see all of the featured episodes remastered with full voice if at all possible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
for the record my view is on eps i would really like to see some improvements.

city on the edge of never, past imperfect, ghost ship, cage of fire, s'harians swords, pre-emptive strike, state of q, the return.

pretty much all of the klingon ones as they are all very good eps.

Once they redo some of the more popular ones I would actually like to see them skip to some of the weaker eps also get some love but they probably need more work and not just cutscenes. many of the later missions in the cardassian front and some romulan missions get a a but dull because of the huge number of ground mobs. thinning those out would help them be more enjoyable and the cutscenes and optional stuff would make the overall game a more solid experience. your only as strong as your weakest link.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I agree. First remaster the "old" episodes, than improve the weaker episodes. And I'm hoping they will add some (more) voice over/dialogue, etc. for the remastered episodes
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
"City on the Edge of Never" and "Future Imperfect".....fix that Guardian of Forever voice!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie2063 View Post
"City on the Edge of Never" and "Future Imperfect".....fix that Guardian of Forever voice!!!!
I thought the Guardian sounded fine. Every bit as cheesy sounding as the original Guardian.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Great suggestions. As others have pointed out - we are trying to focus on fixing up some of our older content to bring it more in line with our newer made episodes. So with that in mind...I've already written down a few suggestions for the Fed side:
  • (Imaga) Doomsday Machine Episode
  • Past Imperfect / City on the Edge of Never (man do I want to hear B'vat speak!)
  • (Kassae) Researcher Rescue (featuring many badass looking Gorn!)
  • (Regulus) - Miral Paris ftw

The KDF is getting pretty much a big overhaul of early content - so most of that will be different than remastered episodes - although I really want to go back and fix up a few of their episodes as well (at least the ones that take place on Qo'noS when we update the Qo'noS interior)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Please give Miral Paris an attractive Mid-20 female voice?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Please give Miral Paris an attractive Mid-20 female voice?
Well - it might be difficult to get Lisa Lo Cicero to reprise her VO seeing as she's pretty busy with General Hospital nowadays.

We may end up with a new voice to represent her if we can find one that sounds similar/right.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2011, 04:45 PM
The two which immediately spring to mind for me are

"Assimilation" I mean we go onto a borg cube, full of borg!! This missions needs HEAPS of anxiety and atmosphere putting in with the remastering.

Also the mission in the Romulan Zones where we finally have to put a stop to thier borgification experiments (whose name eludes me for the moment) which is again i need of some much loved suspense via the remastering tweakage.