Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Well - it might be difficult to get Lisa Lo Cicero to reprise her VO seeing as she's pretty busy with General Hospital nowadays.

We may end up with a new voice to represent her if we can find one that sounds similar/right.
Perhaps, but be great if you did.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM
i say cage of fire

ever since launch that mission has been a collosal pain in the ass due to the bugs and bridge officers comitting a fiery suicide. and the issues are still not fixed. every time ive tried to do this mission(on 3 different characters) ive needed GM assistance just to progress through the mission due to bugs. and im not talking about suicidal bridge officers here either

redo the entire mission
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie2063 View Post
"City on the Edge of Never" and "Future Imperfect".....fix that Guardian of Forever voice!!!!
I thought the Guardian sounded fine. Every bit as cheesy sounding as the original Guardian.
I agree with Shikamaru, I loved the Guardian's voice! Would love to hear B'vat, and maybe... ahem... see Mr. Spock, in addition to Mr. Nimoy's VO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
..."Assimilation" I mean we go onto a borg cube, full of borg!! This missions needs HEAPS of anxiety and atmosphere putting in with the remastering...
This mission drives me nuts "as is". It starts off really good and suspenseful. It's well written and designed. But it just always feels unfinished at the end...
YES! Assimilation is a great mission, and a decent "trainer" for the STF grind (including getting new players used to controlling aggro, etc.), but the ending, at least, needs some love. There's this big climax that the cube is gonna blow and then - click - sector space, mission done. WTF?!? There should be at least a cut scene showing the explosion, maybe even put us back in system space and we have to fly X km away in X few seconds before *** BOOM *** (major damage to all player ships, on normal it's just a respawn, adv/elite = usual injury potential). Maybe add an accolade if you can escape the explosion or something like that...

Also, any episode that includes Q really needs VO. I'm just saying...

One major note I'd like to add to mission remaster:
Please better control the initial unlocking of episodes. They are handed out several at a time depending on your level, but there's no real easy way (especially for a STO noob) to be sure you're following the right order. I'd recommend that the game only unlock the first mission of any given story arc (assuming there is one), and progress to each one in order (as the Featured Episodes are now).

And/or clearly state in the mission title that this is "chapter 1 of x", etc.

Anyway, in general, I think the missions should get remastered first, in fact I'm ok starting at the low and and working up, but eventually the Patrols are going to need love too. There are some goofs out there... For example, I recently did one that was supposed to be stopping some Romulans from meeting some Hirogen, and you're to defeat two of each faction, but all four ships are Mogais (ie there aren't any Hirogen ships -- Secure the Lonco System, bug tkt #1051055, if anyone's interested).
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Divide et Impera, please! I really do like the core concept - unintentionally doing some fairly terrible things thanks to good intentions and a sinister commander, but the episode needs a rewrite pretty badly. It's pretty obvious that Admiral Zelle is off her rocker - I personally wanted to arrest her and beam back up to my ship pretty early on in the mission.

It would be great to see the mission rewritten to be a little more subtle as it builds to the big reveal at the end. Some sort of choice like the Franklin Drake mission would be neat as well, but I kind of like the concept of the player character having some innocent blood on their hands. If only the characters didn't look dumb for falling for such a transparent ruse.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Great suggestions. As others have pointed out - we are trying to focus on fixing up some of our older content to bring it more in line with our newer made episodes. So with that in mind...I've already written down a few suggestions for the Fed side:
  • (Imaga) Doomsday Machine Episode
  • Past Imperfect / City on the Edge of Never (man do I want to hear B'vat speak!)
  • (Kassae) Researcher Rescue (featuring many badass looking Gorn!)
  • (Regulus) - Miral Paris ftw

The KDF is getting pretty much a big overhaul of early content - so most of that will be different than remastered episodes - although I really want to go back and fix up a few of their episodes as well (at least the ones that take place on Qo'noS when we update the Qo'noS interior)
Will these improved mission actually scale with player level like feathured episode so there is actually a reason to do them at Va level? By the way I completly aggree with your choice of mission these are some of my favorite ones.

I would also add the whole romulan borg tech arch, those were great but the final battle versus the prototype was underwhelming, it should be much harder.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Actually, I'd like to see them take an old episode of TOS like, say, "Spock's Brain" and make it... GOOD.

Okay, I kid. Seriously, though, I quite enjoyed the one with the Doomsday Machine, so anything you add to that is like icing on the cake. And the one with the Guardian is already classic, so if you can add to that one, I would tip my hat to you folks.

(Getting back to my earlier suggestion: considering the any number of boneheaded moves my Vulcan Sci BO has done in Ground Combat I'm not so sure his brain *hasn't* been taken!)
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Divide et Impera -

I'd like to see this become a 2-parter and much more involved. Right now, it's a good idea with a mediocre execution.

The way I see it, Part I should involve the current mission, albeit with cutscenes and much more care to keep the player in the dark until it's too late. The player should, at the very end of the mission, be shaking their fist at the screen and ready to smash the faux-Admiral with their bare hands. It should feel like a betrayal of trust on the part of the character, basically.

Part 2 would follow the aftermath of the Undine infiltration; including negotiations with several Romulan factions. This gives the player a few things:

1) A chance to convince at least some Romulans that the situation is a big mistake. Basically a chance to try to make up for a catastrophic situation with at least some Romulans, while leaving others unconvinced. This sets up the rest of the Romulan arc.

2) A chance to show the player how divided Romulans really are - the current Feature Series is doing a great job at this, and I feel going back and emphasizing this split in the original storyline would be wise.

3) It can give a narrative push to the next episode, so instead of reading like a chain of largley disconnected events, an actual story begins to emerge. Further remasters could elaborate on this trend. Obviously there will be one-off episodes that don't need to be a part of that plot thread, but I feel this should b ea 'big deal' during the Romulan section of the Fed game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
I have a branching outline for Shadows of P'Jem sitting on my hard drive that I was going to use for the Foundry...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Keegan de Lancie

Why not try to get John de Lancie's son Keegan de Lancie to do the voice over work on the Q mission? Might be cheaper than getting John de Lancie.

So my vote is "State of Q"
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
My vote goes to City on the Edge of Never.

That was a great episode.. but really with today's tech, the cutscenes.. the options available to the devs, not to mention the assets that are coming soon... (surely there will be a TOS Klingon interior on it's way as well?).. well it could be an utterly EPIC episode. Maybe with a little bit of Enterprise crew beaming in to help us take on the Klingons on their own turf. Combined TOS and 2409 Klingons vs combined TOS and 2409 Federation..

Epic simply isn't a strong enough word.