Lt. Commander
# 1 C&H Needs to change
02-24-2011, 11:49 PM
It's boring. You either win through brute force or zerging.

I think we need to:

1) Time Limits (sometimes matches never end. 20Min? 30Min?)

2) Cap points out further (It's a huge map).

3) Cap points cannot be changed by a quick pass.

4) The Cap Bugs get fixed. The ones where points don't change at all and you wait forever, or the one one that Klingons have the majority, but Klingon counter ticks.

Perhaps some Anti-Cloaking nebulae or Masking Nebulae in some areas to add some interesting battles.

EDIT: Just 1 more thing: People can't log out in the middle of matches. (Just funny when they do that to prevent being killed).
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
3) Cap points cannot be changed by a quick pass.

4) The Cap Bugs get fixed. The ones where points don't change at all and you wait forever, or the one one that Klingons have the majority, but Klingon counter ticks.

EDIT: Just 1 more thing: People can't log out in the middle of matches. (Just funny when they do that to prevent being killed).
Agree with all of these. Especially #3. Not that a flyby makes much difference but a single person can pass a cap point for half a second and it takes at least 20 seconds to get it back to a solid color with one person afterward.

The logout issue should be fixed for every map. Deserter debuff anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2011, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Deserter debuff anyone?
Simple, have the base weaponry target the idler. :p

I guess the map would have to debuff those who move away from the base.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2011, 03:51 AM
maybe we need a kind of "advanced deadman's switch"? If you haven't fired your weapons for 10 minutes and have not taken damage for 10 minutes, you are flagged for AFK, regardless of what other things you do. (Normally, just moving your camera cancels the AFK flag).
The moment people actually have to move into combat areas and engage enemies and be engaged by them, AFKing is not very "AFK"ing anymore. Might as well play for real, or not queue up at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2011, 04:04 AM
Hears a anti cap and hold AFK idea. Why not start everyone INSIDE a base, or in a parking spot. With no User control at all... spawn and 20 sec countdown and the base traffic control uses a tractor beam to move you just past the base defenses and into the battle. You respawn same deal 20 seconds and out you go... this would also give a nice little extra debuff (time) to a death in a cap and hold. So zerging points and respawn zerging the next point is harder to do.

As far as the logging out to avoid a death... I still can't believe STO hasn't put in a simple Log out countdown into the game. Everyother MMO on the planet seems to have a logout counter to avoid people logging out when they are argoed ect.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2011, 04:54 AM
I think queuing for matches should be scrapped altogether. Waiting around for matches is terribly boring. Permanent pvp zones with soft population caps to keep team balance would be far superior. Get rid segregation by tier as well, seeing how getting lower level matches rolling is becoming nearly impossible. Lower tier ships can have a passive buff applied to hull and shields while in a pvp zone. Add in a diverse set of 'games' with themes like capture and hold, elimination, king of the hill. Have these games rolling one after another so players spend more time pew pewing and not waiting around, hoping a match will start.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of time limits but the rest seems reasonable. I especially agree that logging out in combat needs to be fixed! Husanak's suggestion to deal with afkers and zergers sounds like a good place to start too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I like the thread Azurian.
Great ideas.

We also need different CnH maps besides just the one to also shake things up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I like the thread Azurian.
Great ideas.

We also need different CnH maps besides just the one to also shake things up.
Seconded on all counts.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
maybe we need a kind of "advanced deadman's switch"? If you haven't fired your weapons for 10 minutes and have not taken damage for 10 minutes, you are flagged for AFK, regardless of what other things you do. (Normally, just moving your camera cancels the AFK flag).
The moment people actually have to move into combat areas and engage enemies and be engaged by them, AFKing is not very "AFK"ing anymore. Might as well play for real, or not queue up at all.
So if I spend most of the match capping points around the fights rather than partaking of epic pew-pew, I'm AFK, as per your system?