Lt. Commander
# 1 Proxy Server
07-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I know this been asnwered before some where I am sure. But I was just wondering about STO launcher. In the options there a place you can set the Proxy to be US or EU. Is there a certain proxy we should be using. I live in US but have EU set will that cause any issues?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I believe the entire game is one 'shard' as there's only the option once in game, to choose different instances of zones, but not actual separated servers, ala WoW-esc and such. The only other real 'other' server is Tribble, the test server for unreleased test content. The live server is Holodeck, where all live content is played.

That's about it. :p (Ala all peeps worldwide play on Holodeck live, when they are on, regardless of timezones or even continents.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Best to leave the proxy field blank if your never running into any problems

Oddly i need to switch to the EU proxy frequently due to insane rubber banding at points ( even with a 10meg connection thats working perfect according to various connection tests/other sources )
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikonov
Best to leave the proxy field blank if your never running into any problems

Oddly i need to switch to the EU proxy frequently due to insane rubber banding at points ( even with a 10meg connection thats working perfect according to various connection tests/other sources )
At one time I couldn't get connected and had to use EU. But I thank everone for thier answers.