Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-25-2011, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You answer that who "we're" are... look in your original post.
Thalaron bomb you want me to use in a crowded space like ESD ? :O yes.... you are a genius! :O
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Well that sucks. I was hoping for a Thalaron weapon of my own. If they are banned though, I suppose it would cause a plot hole.

Couldn't we just keep it a secret? Would I really have to tell Starfleet I found a Thalaron weapon? I think I could convince my engineeringBO to install it during the night shift.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiyama10
Well that sucks. I was hoping for a Thalaron weapon of my own. If they are banned though, I suppose it would cause a plot hole.

Couldn't we just keep it a secret? Would I really have to tell Starfleet I found a Thalaron weapon? I think I could convince my engineeringBO to install it during the night shift.
Somehow, I doubt that would fly. Also, Klingons would never use such a weapon, as it's entirely dishonorable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiyama10
Couldn't we just keep it a secret? Would I really have to tell Starfleet I found a Thalaron weapon? I think I could convince my engineeringBO to install it during the night shift.
Well, unless you never planned on shooting it (which would kinda defeat the purpose of having it in the first place), it'd be a little hard to keep a secret.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
Well, unless you never planned on shooting it (which would kinda defeat the purpose of having it in the first place), it'd be a little hard to keep a secret.
turning off the visuals would work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
turning off the visuals would work.
How would turning off the visuals disguise the fact that your ship can fire a weapon that turns an enemy crew into toasted Nosferatu?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-25-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
How would turning off the visuals disguise the fact that your ship can fire a weapon that turns an enemy crew into toasted Nosferatu?
Well starfleets Iq is not what it was... and should anyone find out... i'll use it on france as a warning :O
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
We are at war with everyone and Thriving... we have more ships and resources than anyone else... No... we would'n go down that roade, case theres nothing to indicate that we are even close to that level of desperation.

And even if we were, we still wouldn use it.



No... Only Varon-T disruptors... wich are banned everywhere.

Um, what's a Varon-T disruptor? X( Plus, until STO, I've never seen the Federation use disruptors at all. Just saying. XS
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltz-N-Burgerz
Um, what's a Varon-T disruptor? X( Plus, until STO, I've never seen the Federation use disruptors at all. Just saying. XS
It was a weapon used by the villain in a TNG episode.

SPOILERS:
The villain was collecting rarities, and thought Data would fit into his collection. He threatened to kill a women that became friendly with Data if Data wouldn't comply with his requests, knowing that Data's programming would not allow him to have a humanoid killed, particularly not in such a horrible way as the Varon-T Disruptor allows.

In the end, the villain does use the weapon, kills the girl, but Data manages to disarm him and decides to shoot him, just in the moment as the Enterprise beams him out after they figured out that Data's death/destruction was faked. They disable the weapon mid-stream, so to speak, negating the consequences of Data's decison (he pulled the trigger, but the weapon effectively did not fire.) Good episode, though the end is a cop-out...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Some weapons need to stay within the perview of evil and not be used by any manner of warrior.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 PM.