Lt. Commander
# 1 Today's Patch
02-25-2011, 05:16 AM
So.. Um, no open Jacket Uniform, No Galaxy X fixes, looks like a few random bits none too useful.. I could honestly care less about the Lirpa, what were we patching 1.2 gigs for then? Someone forget to hit the compression button so its 50 megs?

Sorry I don't mean to troll here, i'm just a little frustrated was hoping that the Galaxy X would finally be worth while after god knows how long cruiser pilots have been screaming for it to be fixed...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenSphinx View Post
So.. Um, no open Jacket Uniform, No Galaxy X fixes, looks like a few random bits none too useful.. I could honestly care less about the Lirpa, what were we patching 1.2 gigs for then? Someone forget to hit the compression button so its 50 megs?

Sorry I don't mean to troll here, i'm just a little frustrated was hoping that the Galaxy X would finally be worth while after god knows how long cruiser pilots have been screaming for it to be fixed...
Don't worry.

The devs actually patch content to your folder weeks in advance. They do this so that they can just "flip a switch" like they do on Saturdays during the weekly series.

Furthermore, the devs also override files - so some of that 1.2 GB is merely updating parts of the game: be they little texture fixes, corrected missions, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Open Jacket uniforms will probably unlocked later today. The patch probably included this week's episode, parts of the next and parts of the TOS stuff that will be released in the near future.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2011, 05:23 AM
the size that we pre patched is more than likely getting ready for the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the size is more than likely getting ready for the foundry.
That too. There are a lot of changes going on to the foundry: like custom sky layers for both ground and space (instead of set skyboxes).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2011, 05:26 AM
I personally like the patch system they use here. The patch is slowly worked out in advance to stop congestion on actual patch day.
Lt. Commander
# 7
See my point on the matter is all that stuff is alright, I don't mind it, but the Galaxy X fix is needed, that ship is absolutely USELESS right now, its as slow of a turner as a Carrier if not slower, its missing weapons slots, and the Lance can't do anything for damage wise considering it misses 80% of the time on most targets and when it hits it does more like 1/4 of the damage advertised.

Fixes to the game are great, but when there minor ones to game breaking ones.. Game breaking ones should come first, and that ship needs some loving over a stupid Lirpa which probably shouldn't be in the game anyways considering the federation doesn't use melee weapons unless the steal a Klingon Bat'leth and have no other choice.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenSphinx View Post
I could honestly care less about the Lirpa, what were we patching 1.2 gigs for then? Someone forget to hit the compression button so its 50 megs?
How much less could you care?

Or did you mean you COULDN'T care less? Maybe that patch contained tomorrow's new episode?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2011, 06:23 AM
5 minutes ago another patch of 270MB was downloaded. No word about its content.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2011, 07:10 AM
If I understand correctly patch itself is NOT 1.2 gigs it is more like 200 megs. 1.2 gig are the files that are affected by the patch after uncompression.